Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Ammeo

Your Favourite Indicator?

Your Favourite Indicator?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Your Favourite Indicator?

• MACD
    • Stochastic
    • Average True Range (ATR)
    • Commodity Channel Index (CCI)
    • Percentage Price Oscillator (PPO)
    • Relative Strength Index (RSI)
    • Percentage Price Oscillator (PPO)
    • Price Relative
    • Standard Deviation (Volatility)
    • William %R
    • Vortex Indicator
    • TRIX

i'll go with the MACD with the 3,10,16 settings alongside Stochastics. Used to apply them with gr8 results.

Edited by Ammeo

There needs to be another line titled : I do not use indicators

Some of us only use price to tell us what to do , not some line crossing another line at some random place on a chart.

yup i know some pros dont use them anymore as they can predict price action without them. bt one has to accept at some point of his/her trading he/she used an indicator. They are a fascination for any newbie bt a time comes when they kinda look like extra and meaningless material on the chart. Bt i have seen some pros still sticking to them even after many years in trading.

There needs to be another line titled : I do not use indicators

Some of us only use price to tell us what to do , not some line crossing another line at some random place on a chart.

+ for this comment........

I will go along with Price as my favorite indicator. Most other indicators are simply derivations of price, so price is in essence, the most important indicator.

There is an indicator that is based only on price without averaging and moves between 0% and 100% like an oscillator. It was developed by Mike Harris in the 1990s and described in his books - called the p-indicator. It is implemented in his software which is expensive for retail traders. I figured out that the concept behind it has to do with ensemble averages. He is using it to estimate directional probabilities in his blog.

All indicators are lagging. Price and volume are the best lagging indicators.. Nevertheless, team them up together and the shazam you have a leading indicator!

I use SAR along with Multiple Timeframe Analysis.

The only thing i feel about Indicators is one should have experience to know when to stop trading with indicators plus knowing when to take out 50% out of the big deal so that we don't give more than 50% back to the markets.

I use a combo between rsi and williams percentage range to make a difference between a bull and a bear market.........the interpretation I must say it is contrarian in terms of how people usually looks at these indicators