Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

GlassOnion

Help with pattern.

Hi all

See the attached monthly chart of the S&P500. This chart pattern seems to be an expanding triangle many say it only occurs at the end of major trends. Any triangle experts out there have any views.

5aa711e6a8340_SPMonthly.thumb.png.8d2da5a858c82df22c136cc3611df873.png

Going back over history, you'll see similar patterns have repeated. Take the 1970's for example. SPX_1970s - StockBuz We saw a similar setup. What matters is the direction of the trend break. Ask yourself; have people stopped putting money into 401ks (?). Are business and credit collapsing? and you can guess the ultimate direction. Sure, shorter term moves may see corrections (buying opportunities) but the trend is still up. spx-1970s

Hi all

See the attached monthly chart of the S&P500. This chart pattern seems to be an expanding triangle many say it only occurs at the end of major trends. Any triangle experts out there have any views.

um...yes ....imo ..time for a big move south...pattern says major trend reversal ....bulls will be crying..i myself would count on it...south is the direction..imo...

um...yes ....imo ..time for a big move south...pattern says major trend reversal ....bulls will be crying..i myself would count on it...south is the direction..imo...
well patuca you were right....

Thanks

Patuca