Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

GlobalVariable.dll Version 2.2

Global Variable is a dynamic-link library (DLL) that can be used to extend EasyLanguage®.

A DLL’s can be written in any of a variety of programming languages,

including C/C++, Delphi, and PowerBASIC®.

User developed TradeStation®-compatible DLL’s, while not part of the TradeStation platform itself,

are used to provide user-developed function libraries that may be called from EasyLanguage analysis techniques.

Functions exported from user-developed DLL’s can be called by EasyLanguage analysis techniques and by other applications.

DLL functions can perform actions that cannot be done easily or at all in EasyLanguage.

Additionally, they might be used to speed up processing.

An example code is included;

it demonstrates how to create two types of global variable storage locations for each of five data types.

The two types of storage locations are

• numbered storage locations,
  • named storage locations.

The five data types are

• Boolean values,
  • integers,
  • single-precision floating point numbers (called simply “floats”),
  • double-precision floating-point numbers (called simply “doubles”),
  • strings (text values).

Documentation inside zip file.

GlobalVariable22.zip

Edited by Tams

Tams,

This is a great a library. Thanks for posting it! I have a question though: why is there a limit on the number of numbered and named variables that can be stored? I assume you don't want the DLL to hog up too much resources, but is there a way to relax this limitation?

Greatly appreciate your help.

Tams,

This is a great a library. Thanks for posting it! I have a question though: why is there a limit on the number of numbered and named variables that can be stored? I assume you don't want the DLL to hog up too much resources, but is there a way to relax this limitation?

Greatly appreciate your help.

I would imagine the same... resource limitations.

Remember this app was written a few years back (quite a few years back!),

the resource was scarce then.

But we are not any better today; we are still in a restraining 32 bit environment: The application can only use 2 GB of whatever memory you have.

Sorry no, I have no way of changing it.

another great contribution by Tams

is anyone able to tell me if this dll concludes some array functions for dynamic arrays,

i am still in search for a suitable dll for 2000i.this one unfortunally requires the import

of ELD files which i am not able to do.

or maybe someone here is familiar with a suitable dll for the old 2000i version.

i have searched in various place but was not very lucky

I queried MC about a week ago regarding global variables - I didn't know about ADE. MC sent me zip file containing much of the same information posted by Tams(nice work!!!).

Anyway, printed the documentation; followed it step by step; followed additional instructions provided on TSSupport forum and here regarding deleting the stock GV from MC and placing the dlls in the MC directory.

When I followed the instructions on page 9 of "ALL DATA EVERYWHERE", "Creating the Functions and Indicator Manually". I got the error message attached.

MC tried to help but didn't want to spend the time on 3rd party supplied code.

Anyway ... not looking for others to do the thinking for me, however if someone has encountered this error before or might have a lead .... that would be sweet!!!

Ranger

5aa70fd899cb6_ADEError.thumb.jpg.607d77efac20d9c49d693805c33d6ec8.jpg

I queried MC about a week ago regarding global variables - I didn't know about ADE. MC sent me zip file containing much of the same information posted by Tams(nice work!!!).

Anyway, printed the documentation; followed it step by step; followed additional instructions provided on TSSupport forum and here regarding deleting the stock GV from MC and placing the dlls in the MC directory.

When I followed the instructions on page 9 of "ALL DATA EVERYWHERE", "Creating the Functions and Indicator Manually". I got the error message attached.

MC tried to help but didn't want to spend the time on 3rd party supplied code.

Anyway ... not looking for others to do the thinking for me, however if someone has encountered this error before or might have a lead .... that would be sweet!!!

Ranger

I think the question is for the EL Collections thread,

or the ADE thread.

Thanks Tams - tried that without much luck. Based on other postings, I think that I'll stick with the use of global variables for now. I'm essentially transfering variable data (permissives for entry signals) to my signals using other time frames.

Thanks for taking time to provide input ...... your comment about posting in the appropriate thread led me answer my own question ... ;o)

Ranger