Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

RichardCox

Norman Welz and Developing a Trader’s Brain

Hey guys,

This thread slipped my mind for a few days… then … then some ‘new’ projects/commitments took precedence… and today I don't have ready english for what I need to say … :)

ie I will address those posts (from weeks ago now) as soon as I can...meanwhile...

(trick) question:

if you think of this thread and Csikszentmihalyi at the same time, what comes up for you?

Have a great weekend all,

zdo

if you think of this thread and Csikszentmihalyi at the same time, what comes up for you?

A: you tube videos as i had never heard of him.

problem is after watching a couple of videos......

"That’s the difference between me and the rest of the world! Happiness isn’t good enough for me! I demand euphoria!"

Seriously though it reminded me a lot about the ideas of art and getting into the flow of the action - the doing of art.......

I have had similar examples while snow boarding or riding a motor bike - every turn is perfect, the feeling is fantastic, you are at one with the board or bike etc......everyone has had similar feeling at some stage.

I dont however think this has a lot to do with a lot of trading. One involves doing, while the other often involves often doing nothing (maybe this is part of the flow?). (maybe it is not so applicable to some strategies?? Maybe its more applicable to the testing, and the trade off between boredom and anxiety....do you reduce the challenge? (smaller expectations, smaller trade sizes)

The only thing i can relate it to trading is to do with those times whereby with enough experience you can look at a chart and just know whats happening, what will happen next etc.. problem is this is fleeting and will in fact lull you into a false sense of ability.

How does the idea of flow, happiness etc and developing a traders mind relate if its a matter of being totally absorbed in the doing of something? So the mind is focused, not wandering and enjoying itself?

or is this just one of those completely broad subjects it can be applied in many different ways and interpreted in multiple manners?

Edited by SIUYA