Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

ckait

Trade Station platform

Today I had a situation whern volume got heavy right after the fed news, TS platform froze up. I was unable to get a trade in. I have noticed some times on heavier than normal volume if I am running the Market Profile TS slows.Has any body else had this problem or is there settings I have to adjust?

Yes, MP indicator taxes the performance of the charts on TS. I've had this problem and had to mark off with horizontal lines, then disable them before the market opens. Only way to get this to work properly.

Same problem with TS here... charts froze up on me and start delaying 20-30secs. However the tape was running fine. I dont clear with them so I was able to get my trades in today.

One advice is to disable the MP indicator during the trading day. This does make the platform extremely heavy leading to lag and freezing. I recently added another 1gb in RAM hoping to fix this problem but still no good.

The MP indicator does slow down TradeStation, but I wasn't running the indicator and my charts still froze for a long time. Anybody else encounter this who wasn't running the MP indicator?

I can tell u my solution... I upgraded to dual core PC... not because TS can use 2 cpu's but because the other apps ( like your execution platform) will not be locked when TS overloads cpu... On 21st I had several copies of MP running concurrently ES, ER2 RS ( since I trade stocks too) with ~200 symbols, many other things and it did not lock up.

I upgraded last sommer..spec is AMD 4200X2/ 2Gb RAM, XPPRo. If I were to upgrade today, I would be looking at intel this time.