Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Don4

Dons trading journal GBP/USD

I was setting here going over my live trades and just for the heck of it i went over some of my backtesting just to see how it would have performed over a month to month basis.(minus slippage and commission). And here was my results for april of 06 to january 07.

Month , Pips, Wins/Loses , % Wins, %Equity

April , 63 , 6/18 , 33% , 0

May , 882 , 13/20 , 65% , 38%

June, -25 , 6/19 , 31% , -2%

July , 66 , 7/17 , 41% , 8%

August, 329 , 9/16 , 56% , 22%

Sept , -46 , 3/13 , 23%, -8%

Oct , 114 , 6/17 , 35% , 3%

Nov, 36 , 6/15 , 40% , 6%

Dec , -5 , 5/15 , 33% , 0

Jan , 436 , 9/16 , 56% , 22%

Just to have for reference this is my live results.

Month, Pips, Wins/Loses, % Wins, %Equity

March , 144 , 4/7 , 57%, 10% (in hindsite looking back 11winners for that month) Started live on March 21

April , 137 , 8/19 , 42% , 10%

May , -133 , 5/17 , 29% , -4%

June , 2 , 1/5 , 20% , -4% (still have 2 weeks left)

This is harder than i thought it would be,you wouldnt believe how hard it is placing a order and done for the day!! (and im being dead serious) Recently i have slipped and started researching other systems, But i need to stop at least till testing is done. Or at least focus on making this one better.

MK here was some statistics that I posted earlier in thread.(didnt know if you seen it or not)

For those that have been following my journal, just wanted to say thanks for sticking around and trying to help out.Honestly i never even figured I would get a reply (or any help) I have been keeping this journal for 3 months and have never given any clues to my system, but still there are those that tried to help and i am greatfull to you. So now I will share with you what my whole system revolves around. Time, Time is the only thing that will always stay the same it will never change from the little guys to the big boys they will always have the same routine. Now this doesnt tell me which way price will go,But it does mean it can never stay the same! Maybe some will laugh or some will find value in what i mentioned above, it sounds pretty simple I know but thats basicly what i have been doing.

Hey Pyenner,I have not looked into the great advice that MK has given yet (But im going to ). But this has been the main principal of my whole system for my entries exits are a different story. I always focus on the 1hour bar and thats it. 1 hour before the London open, all the information I need is within that 1 hour period. If it quits working another opertunity will be formed It will always be there, I guess your wondering why ive waited 3 months before telling. Well I guess walter helped me see the light (Thanks walter).

Hey Pyenner,I have not looked into the great advice that MK has given yet (But im going to ). But this has been the main principal of my whole system for my entries exits are a different story. I always focus on the 1hour bar and thats it. 1 hour before the London open, all the information I need is within that 1 hour period. If it quits working another opertunity will be formed It will always be there, I guess your wondering why ive waited 3 months before telling. Well I guess walter helped me see the light (Thanks walter).

Don I am really glad on your progress and I am glad I could help, thats what collaboration its all about, I also have been able to grow in a great way since interacting here at TL, and I know there are a new set of great things to progress in the times to come... keep up that good work Don ¡¡ cheers Walter.

Ok,yesterdays trade was stopped out, Todays trade so far is in profit but by the looks of the last candle and with housing release around 10am dont have a clue what will happen. I posted a screenshot with my entry on this trade.

attachment.php?attachmentid=1898&stc=1&d=1182863709

gbpusd.thumb.gif.776cc5a14c8f52e3474b3dcb31228acb.gif

Yesterdays position is still open, short signal this morning. Hopefully will be able to at least pick up 2% today any way.But its possible that both could lose.

attachment.php?attachmentid=1925&stc=1&d=1183031225

gbpusd.thumb.gif.11fa704a652b13ba1eab5cd187c0e392.gif

Hey Don, any take on how far this thing could move even if the GBP rate hike is already priced in? The carry trade tension is building and I honestly don't think it will hold much more than a few days if there is bad U.S. data on top of profit taking like we've been seeing the past couple of days. However with an increase we could see new highs correct? I don't know if people are more interested in buying GBP at +.25% and holding, or taking profits on the yen immediately after? It sounds like USD/JPY is leading and the last time the carries "unwound" it was also from some false information on top of China and the Dow selling off wasn't it?