Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Don4

Dons trading journal GBP/USD

Again stoped out for -2%, I have been looking at Walters flip trade here on the forums anyone that hasnt checked it out yet needs to look into it, its a very nice set up!!! I just started trading it live (with a very small amount) just trying to get a feel for it under live conditions. But still trading my main system as planned.

A record 2.0000 plus is a realistic target about this time imo.

Luck :)

Don, sorry for cluttering up this thread, but I'm curious... PYenner, can you elaborate why you would think this? - maybe in a different thread?

Hi Cowpip

Yes, I should probably keep my mouth shut and quit distracting Don from his job. It would take a lot of elaboration. The short answer is that cable is 300 pips below the rest of the majors. Either cable goes up 300 pips or the rest of the majors come down. A couple of the signals were given in the thread "cable breaks out of 2-decade range" but there is much more to it than stated. Perhaps we should wait a while and let the market do the speaking.

I was setting here going over my live trades and just for the heck of it i went over some of my backtesting just to see how it would have performed over a month to month basis.(minus slippage and commission). And here was my results for april of 06 to january 07.

Month , Pips, Wins/Loses , % Wins, %Equity

April , 63 , 6/18 , 33% , 0

May , 882 , 13/20 , 65% , 38%

June, -25 , 6/19 , 31% , -2%

July , 66 , 7/17 , 41% , 8%

August, 329 , 9/16 , 56% , 22%

Sept , -46 , 3/13 , 23%, -8%

Oct , 114 , 6/17 , 35% , 3%

Nov, 36 , 6/15 , 40% , 6%

Dec , -5 , 5/15 , 33% , 0

Jan , 436 , 9/16 , 56% , 22%

Just to have for reference this is my live results.

Month, Pips, Wins/Loses, % Wins, %Equity

March , 144 , 4/7 , 57%, 10% (in hindsite looking back 11winners for that month) Started live on March 21

April , 137 , 8/19 , 42% , 10%

May , -133 , 5/17 , 29% , -4%

June , 2 , 1/5 , 20% , -4% (still have 2 weeks left)

This is harder than i thought it would be,you wouldnt believe how hard it is placing a order and done for the day!! (and im being dead serious) Recently i have slipped and started researching other systems, But i need to stop at least till testing is done. Or at least focus on making this one better.

This is harder than i thought it would be,you wouldnt believe how hard it is placing a order and done for the day!! (and im being dead serious).

Agree 300%, very difficult to leave your future blowing in wind, day after day.

Can understand now why many people just can't live with that.

It is a battle all on its own, on top of the other efforts.

Thanks for the figures, they will need lots of thought before any comment.

I doubt if many people are getting typical results at this time.

Just got home from work, and my twin girls met me at the door with a big smile on there face, while they was both holding the same present together telling me Happy Fathers Day! We love you daddy! (What a feeling!)

Agree 300%, very difficult to leave your future blowing in wind, day after day.

Can understand now why many people just can't live with that.

It is a battle all on its own, on top of the other efforts.

Thanks for the figures, they will need lots of thought before any comment.

I doubt if many people are getting typical results at this time.

Pyenner, yea I was doing really good till this second drawdown, and its like it hit me all at once WHAT IF !!! You know what if this system isnt as good as i thought it was. Im just sitting here doing nothing,when i could be at least be trying something else! But then i try and look at the other side. How many people has blown their accounts in the last 3 months trading forex,and only wish they were up 10% on their account. I must be doing something right!

Just got home from work, and my twin girls met me at the door with a big smile on there face, while they was both holding the same present together telling me Happy Fathers Day! We love you daddy! (What a feeling!)

Thats a great feeling ¡¡ it is a blessing from God, I also have one daughter, she is 11 and she really is my weakness... Happy to hear that Don...

About trading its something normal what you are going thru, its important not to put all the eggs on the same bag... your stats are not bad... so having another bag diversified would be a good alternative to be more relaxed...

Myself for example I am about to work from here on during a semester preparing a strategy for forex, that I would start trading live on January 2008... I plan to make my research public here at TL as I did with flip...

Don, had you considered trading Futures like YM ? with just a small acct..

cheers Walter.

Hey walter, How have you been doing my friend? My girls are also 11 .But anyway, I have at one point started looking into futures as another option ,but my understanding is around $25,000 would be a minimum as far as account size. But that is just my understanding from reading a little on it here.

Guest cooter

$25,000 is the minimum for Equity Day-Trading in the US - meaning the US Stock Market issues.

FUTURES traders are NOT subject to the individual daytrading requirements for accounts, so you can open an account with as little as $2000 at some brokers, although the reality is that you'd want to start with at least $5K to give yourself some breathing room.