Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Beachmaster

The Use of EAs

my advice will be to do manual trading .I have seen many experienced traders across many forums who did both manual trading as well as using EA's and always came up with a conclusion that manual trading is more profitable than EA's . One cant fully rely on some bots trading for them cause a bot cant see what a human mind can see.

Also there hasnt been any EA that has been profitable in the long run. All those Fab Turbos ,Sharks or Million Dollars Pips stop giving any more profits cause markets dont remain the same while the EA's dont have the ability to change themselves according to market conditions..

Thanks Ammon for the reply. What you said about robots is true. From my personel account they mostly fail to adapt to the markets. Drawdown can be a problem which in tern means u have to watch the buggers.

I am running one Ea that gives consistent win loss ratios 12/3. Let you know how things go on my live account over the next 3 mths. I've also got 2 robots on a VPS all the time. One is news sensitive. So I tick the box, you guessed it. Its not traded on the upgrade.for 3weeks. .

I will only let you know the names after a rigorous testing.

So it's back to the charts and price movement , volume ,Fibs , money management ect. I take on board your advice of swing trading. Grats

I've spent 6 mths now to get this far. What do you think About USD if economy put under more pressure.? The last 3yrs of QE and Euro it's been a Global QE .

Sign of Beachmaster .:cool::cool::helloooo:

i'd like to know the performance of your EA's for the next 3 months ..i personally dont trust in them though..:D

i read a report on Bloomberg today which stated the USD is forecasted to go high. The S&P 500 made its 5 years high last week and is now on course towards its all time high (1565 zone) ...To me the near future of USD seems bright.

im not a guru of the market bt this is what i think..

All those Fab Turbos ,Sharks or Million Dollars Pips stop giving any more profits cause markets dont remain the same while the EA's dont have the ability to change themselves according to market conditions..

There is absolutely no reason (apart for the intellectual limits and programming capabilities of the typical commercial EA vendor) why a strategy can't be made to adapt to changing market conditions.

From the A.I. sophistication of genetic algorithms and neural nets to the simple regime switches and volatility filters, there are countless ways to do this . . .

If you invest the time to learn about such approaches then find a programmer to implement them for you, you'll probably find you have a far better strategy in hand than anything you can buy from a commercial vendor, and for less expense.

Hope that helps.

BlueHorseshoe