Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Gmoney23

Programs for Analysis and Notes?

I'm a beginning trader and I want to start taking notes on every little opinion I have on the market and see how my predictions do.

I also want to be very efficient and organized with my analysis.

Is there any programs/applications you recommend for doing your own analysis?

Well I was going to post, but find that I am losing my patience with this screwed up (buggy) formatting code...

How about someb ody getting off their chair and fixing the code....(just one example)

Thanks

Edited by steve46

Well I was going to post, but find that I am losing my patience with this screwed up (buggy) formatting code...

How about someb ody getting off their chair and fixing the code....(just one example)

Thanks

Whats wrong with the formatting code? Sorry I'm a little confused here

thx

MMS

For general note taking, I recommend TreePad. Alternatives would be Microsoft OneNote, KeyNote, and perhaps even FileMaker. All said Gmail works fairly well too. For predictions, I recommend that you use a simulator and place trades through that because that is the most accurate. There are several free simulators out there. NinjaTrader has a nice simulator for day trading. Collective2 is designed for system developers but could work well for your task.

If you develop strategies/studies then you could also link the specific strategy to your notes to form somewhat of a "free form" database.

a little extra work but it will be worth it early on. You could also use a word document - and the best invention ever - cut and paste to drop charts into it, add notes referring to the chart.

A great reference for the future.....and you will likely find it becomes streamlined very quickly if your thoughts are constantly repeated.

You can even drop an excel type template into it to get the best of both worlds if required.