Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

alibaba5055

Special Theory of Price Discovery (STOPD)

Has anyone of you used this STOPD written by Lawrence Chan of Neoticker ? Please share your views or opinions about the same.

Special Theory of Price Discovery (STOPD) | DaytradingBias.com

Auction Based Trading Markets Are Unfair By Design

Most of the trading markets nowadays are open auction markets. Auction markets are designed to favour players with intimidating position size capacities.

Read STOPD to learn the truth and start to observe market behaviour in a totally different way.

The Structure is Hidden in Plain Sight

Classic technical analysis suffers from fragmented trading setups and incoherent interpretations, making it difficult to apply in real-life situation.

STOPD provides you with a framework to read the markets fluently as if you are holding onto a GPS at a crossroad.

The Key to Profitability is the Exit Not the Entry

Price pattern recognition and trading setups give you trading entries but failed miserably in providing the all important target zones to exit your trades.

STOPD gives you the structural target when price reacts at structural price level – taking out the guesswork and improve your profitability quickly as it can be integrated with your existing trading strategies easily.

Thanks

Has anyone of you used this STOPD written by Lawrence Chan of Neoticker ? Please share your views or opinions about the same.

Thanks

No, but I do know that many people waste lots of money on things like this.

You may have an easier journey if you invest time and effort in a careful statistical study of the market you wish to trade rather than vendor products.

BlueHorseshoe

The Hierarchy of available information. Ordered by value, given extra visual stimulation by scaling font size with value.

1. Understand how much you don't know.

2. Information gathered from unbiased personal collection.

3. Peer reviewed scholarly articles.

4. Internet Forums.

5. PUBLISHED books (physically published).

6. self published E-books

Also note internet forums can vary hugely, but the good information is out there with the bad.

>Auction Based Trading Markets Are Unfair By Design

Most of the trading markets nowadays are open auction markets. Auction markets are designed to favour players with intimidating position size capacities.<

This is true but plenty of free info out there already on topic. As noted above you would likely be wasting $$ and time randomly downloading unverified ebooks online. (Been there, done that!) :)

Search for resources on reading the tape/order flow and you can tap into this area easily. A good 'required reading' for all traders is 'Reminiscences of a Stock Operator' where the shenanigans of early 1900's Wall Street are still being played out (more easily) on the electronic exchanges. This book can be found for free online but best version IMHO is the illustrated and annotated Edwin LeFevre version. A beautiful and valuable book.

Hmm. I'm not saying that the guy doesn't know something about the market, but like others have pointed out here and elsewhere, there really is a lot of good information on the internet for free. The way it's been phrased, the guy has identified the very nature of the market and knows exactly how it works. So making money with his method should be a breeze right? But then why have a marketing website in order to sell this method at all? Why charge CAD 55? Without knowing who the guy is, buying one of his ebooks is a bit of a stab in the dark. There seems to be plenty of stuff on his website which you can read for free though so why not look at that first?

Thanks for your valuable replies guys. I appreciate it a lot. :)

This guy is actually the owner of Neoticker and he mentions that he works a lot with the big institutions and have done lot of research work for them. That's why I thought that maybe I should ask the opinions of fellow traders on the forums about his research work. He has got a few other research papers / reports for sale on that site as well.

He posts his weekly predictions based on his STOPD levels here:

Weekly Outlook | DaytradingBias.com

I want to know whether he has EXPLAINED the method / reasons / logic behind these levels and other stuff that he posts on daytradingbias. Why and how he calculates these and what are the practical importance etc ?

Or we simply have to believe in these levels without having any understanding of what they are and how are they calculated etc. ?

Does those paid pdf books contains the proper explanations or not ? If anyone has got these pdf then can you please answer that.

Thanks a lot

Given the content of your posts, you appear to be eager to spend your money on stuff like this and it's unlikely that anyone is going to be able to stop you.

But this is just plain old AMT: locate the range, find the midpoint and call that "0", then find first and second levels of S&R and label those "+1/-1" and "+2/-2". Otherwise it's the same old waffle: if and when price hits S, it will bounce, unless it doesn't, in which case it'll fall (flip for R).

There are boatloads of posts on AMT here, and it doesn't cost anything.

Db

Thanks for your valuable replies guys. I appreciate it a lot. :)

This guy is actually the owner of Neoticker and he mentions that he works a lot with the big institutions and have done lot of research work for them. That's why I thought that maybe I should ask the opinions of fellow traders on the forums about his research work. He has got a few other research papers / reports for sale on that site as well.

People who are fortunate enough to work in the research departments of big financial institutions are compensated to the tune of hundreds of thousands (and sometimes millions) of dollars per year.

Why would such a person therefore expend time and effort trying to pedal software or systems to retail traders like you or I for a few hundred dollars? It just doesn't make sense, does it?

BlueHorseshoe

No idea about this product but this individual seems to be a rather serious professional. Blue, I take just the opposite view: I suspect that those traders/vendors who are doing their own research, developing on tools, etc are much more likely to be successful then the majority of traders who just go by what they've read online or in popular books. Of course, one has to learn to identify the marketeers from those who've put a lot of time in and work into their 'trade craft'.

I've no relationship to this Chan individual, for the record.

People who are fortunate enough to work in the research departments of big financial institutions are compensated to the tune of hundreds of thousands (and sometimes millions) of dollars per year.

Why would such a person therefore expend time and effort trying to pedal software or systems to retail traders like you or I for a few hundred dollars? It just doesn't make sense, does it?

BlueHorseshoe

Actually the funny thing about that is quite frequently their research information is available for free.

e.g. Marcos Lopez De Prado from tudor investment corp.

Strength of opinion seems proportional to ignorance. Ain't the internet wonderful.

Have a look at Chan's free stuff. There is lots of it and if his way of thinking seems to fit yours then pay for the product - you might get an insight that would take you years of watching markets tick up and down if you got it at all.