Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Mysticforex

They Say No Man is an Island...

Just as it applies to the trading world, do you ever take time to touch base with reality ?

Do you have a network of friends/associates you bounce ideas off once on a while?

Do you attend seminars/workshops to see what's new out there ( I know, I know, it's hard finding one that is not trying to sell you a bill of goods ).

Do you read books or other online resources ?

Anything you'd care to share with us on what helps you?

Things do change in trading whether we like it or not. If not the fundamentals of supply and demand, then the technology, the current conditions, system specifics, leading markets and so on. The best way to stay competitive over the long run is to be flexible and adapt to your current surroundings. Part of this is knowing what is going on elsewhere. The trouble is that there certainly is a great deal of information out there and much of it is either poor, the same stuff repeated using a slightly different wording, or it's just a continuous effort to sell you something. So I think it's good to check things out from time to time if something seems like there could be something to it. I also think to help with this it's useful to draw from the experiences of a like-minded community. A positive aspect of the internet social networking boom. :2c:

Just as it applies to the trading world, do you ever take time to touch base with reality ?

Do you have a network of friends/associates you bounce ideas off once on a while?

Do you attend seminars/workshops to see what's new out there ( I know, I know, it's hard finding one that is not trying to sell you a bill of goods ).

Do you read books or other online resources ?

Anything you'd care to share with us on what helps you?

I cry out my innermost trading thoughts into the electronic void that is the internet.

I read books (very selective these days, as most of them publish information that I'ved worked hard to forget, and it's extremely rare to find a book that contains anything of practical application hthat I am not already familiar with at this point.. but yea. books)

I interact on internet forums like this one.

I fantasize about having a group of friends or even a fan base, and I picture myself opening imaginary fan mail, and even the occassional "dear john"...mostly from jealous trader wannabe's, who I then reply with the following statemen..... oh, ahem. where was I...?

Yep. books. internet forums. the ocassional magazine.

Honestly, wish sometimes I was less mature in my development as a trader, because I miss the cool, exciting time of learning new ways to measure and analyse the markets.... I miss the thrill of those "ah ha!" moments. But I don't miss the lack of profit. And I trade for profit, not ah-ha moments.

This is a lonely business. But man, it pays well.