Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

DbPhoenix

Gravity is a Bitch

(even though this was cleared up for us by an anti-semite…)

Whew I’m so glad to hear that everything’s all better now

… numbers weren’t massaged at all … and they have never been massaged because the BLS has always maintained such high integrity… those stupid suspicions that the rule of law is dead in the U.S … been put to bed forEver…

…and the economy is healthy again… numbers, massaged or not, had nothing to do with the increase in the quantity of ppl employed via ‘part time’ so companies can evade coming ‘oCare’ requirements and early holiday hiring… and the JOLTS data means nothing

… and that now unmentionable fire without a flame, charles hugh smith-Energy Higher, Earnings Lower -no longer a factor :smellyface:

…any concerns from ‘In the space that has no gravity’ like Guest Post: The Many Guises Of Financial Repression | ZeroHedge

are probably moot now

...still think nothing is going to protect you from darkness? Wake up! You just haven’t bought into all the ‘jobs creation’ talk yet

The Royal Scam (August 9, 2009):

Once all the assets in the country had been discounted, the insiders then repatriated their money and bought their neighbor's fortunes for pennies on the dollar, finding cheap, hungry, competitive labor, ready to compete with even 3rd world wages. The prudent, hard-working, and savers (the wrong people) were wiped out, and the money was transferred to the speculators and insiders (the right people). Massive capital like land and factories can not be expatriated, but are always worth their USE value and did not fall as much, or even rose afterwards as with falling debt ratios and low wages these working assets became competitive again. It's not so much a “collapse” as a redistribution, from the middle class and the working to the capital class and the connected. ...And the genius is, they could blame it all on foreigners, “incompetent” leaders, and careless, debt-happy citizens themselves.

charles hugh smith-The World's Largest Money-Laundering Machine: The Federal Reserve

But how is this legal plunder to be identified? Quite simply. See if the law takes from some persons what belongs to them, and gives it to other persons to whom it does not belong. See if the law benefits one citizen at the expense of another by doing what the citizen himself cannot do without committing a crime.
Frederic Bastiat, 1850

(oh he’s anti-christians too? …am still glad he cleared things up for us…tptb are blameless)

;)

zdo,

You are an Austrian in the truest sense!

Gringo

Thanks a lot for the label. ;)

What’s an Austrian?

… speaking of aust…

‘austerity’

I was just fussing over in a trading psych thread how the word ‘discipline’ takes on many different meanings… while in the conversations we act as if it only has one meaning

… looks like ditto for the ‘austerity’ word

:confusedmuppethead?:

Will someone please clarify for us what the financial press, the political talking heads, etc, etc. mean when they talk about ‘austerity’? like …in this article, ‘austerity’ is “needed” AND it won’t “work”

Christine Lagarde On Austerity: 'It's A Very Narrow Path To Be Taken'

Thanks.

zdo,

By Austrian I meant a user of 'Austrian Economics'.

Rothbard, Mises, Hayek, Bastiat, Menger etc.

Gringo

I was going to start this article with a sentence like "Every time you turn on the news there's another story about the growing intrusiveness of the US surveillance state." But that's not actually true. When you "turn on" the news, which is to say watch it on TV, you see little or nothing about this. It seems that all those "corporate media" complaints are accurate. America's evolving police state infrastructure is one of the biggest stories of this lifetime, yet the mainstream news organizations seem to be ignoring it.

Now that we've created the infrastructure, all that remains is for some desperate/corrupt future leader to flip the switch. From that moment on, every communication in and out of the US will be captured, logged and mined, and each citizen will have a growing file that details their social, professional and financial activities. The state will set about silencing all emerging threats through intimidation, financial pressure (our hyper-complex tax code will be weaponized and turned on anyone who speaks out), and, when all else fails, the designation of dissenters as terrorists and their imprisonment without trial. All the tools are there, just waiting to be used.

Fiat Currency and the Emerging Police State | John Rubino | Safehaven.com

wtf … maybe when I get Austrian figured out I will write a book … How To Be An Austrian And Not Even Know It

but will probably never get past wtf… too many Austrians are ‘gov’t austrians’ – they're one dam ‘academic’ trick from being tricked into the Key again - ‘forever’

… how many really see to really ‘live’ that the left is collectivism, etc ‘imposed’ from ‘below’ and the right is collectivism, etc. ‘imposed’ from ‘above’?

… that they are a fake opposition?

it’s amazing so much 'Austrian' bled through in that post…

the intention was only to out – ridiculous dbp ( who, btw, did take a pretty good swipe at ridiculous)

I did it for TL. No one cares if zdo is uber ridiculous, but if dbp looks ridiculous it becomes sort of a "say it ain’t so, Joe" moment

Back off topic :roll eyes:

“When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross.”

Sinclair Lewis

14 defining characteristics of fascism: The U.S. in 2012 - Madison Independent | Examiner.com

“... sometimes nothing happens for a whole decade. Sometimes a whole decade happens in a week” Lenin

Why Are Americans So Easy to Manipulate?

"...don't call me austrian, not fit to

The picture kept will remind me

don't call me austrian, not fit to be

The picture kept will remind me"

Well you got me to read that article. Good job on that. Too bad I am more ignorant for it. :doh:

I am not sure why the propaganda got posted in the first place but maybe ill start posting equally useless information like how to beat a certain level in a popular video game. Honestly a Econ 1010 and a Stats 2050 would squelch both sides of the poor fellows arguments. Maybe this clown should go to B school or spend some time learning about the subjects instead of fishing in Alaska. :crap: