Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Mysticforex

First Week of October 2012

This should be a very interesting trading week. Lots of economic data and NFP as icing on the cake.

We also have the first Presidential Debate here in the States. I am curious if one candidate or another is deemed the winner, what effect in any that might have on the markets.

yea we will see what the market cares most, unlimited money printing by the Fed or unlimited problems in the eurozone.

will Obama win again?

He is currently leading by 5-6 points in what are being called "Key Battleground States".

Not a landslide by any means. We still have about 5 weeks and 3 Presidential Debates.

He is currently leading by 5-6 points in what are being called "Key Battleground States".

Not a landslide by any means. We still have about 5 weeks and 3 Presidential Debates.

Anyone remember what happened last time around with the polls? Either way I think Romney has put his foot in it just a few too many times to win. Does anyone really believe this guy is a statesman?

Anyone else notice a strange behavior in the markets, i.e the TF is acting strange and not following it's usual patterns.

I may know what it is but probably am not recognizing it, what is TF?

The spot currency markets are usually a bit range bound the week leading up to NFP.

E/U, G/J look like they want to break higher. I am going out on a limb here, but would not be surprised to see the jobs numbers come out a bit better then expected.

I may know what it is but probably am not recognizing it, what is TF?

The spot currency markets are usually a bit range bound the week leading up to NFP.

E/U, G/J look like they want to break higher. I am going out on a limb here, but would not be surprised to see the jobs numbers come out a bit better then expected.

TF = Russell 2000 futures

It's one of the minis but it trades on ice now.

https://www.theice.com/productguide/ProductSpec.shtml?specId=86

Anyone else notice a strange behavior in the markets, i.e the TF is acting strange and not following it's usual patterns.

first week of the month sees policy and rate decisions, PMIs and employment numbers all around the world, it is possible to see weird things especially when the market is up to something...

but these times teach a lot...you learn to trade what you see, not what you believe!