Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Knyyt

Info/Opinions on TradeStation

How is the TS datafeed these days for the mini's ER,ES,NQ,YM?

Second, what is their Rturn commisions for the mini's and how many to get the platform for free?

Thanks, Knyyt

Hello Knyyt,

Data feed for me will have a glitch every now and then. But it it is not enough to affect my trading. My cost for a round turn is $4.80 and ten trades/ month to get the platform free.

Mike

I cannot compare TS to other platforms, but will tell you that the TS commissions on minis is just under $5/rt. Do at least 10 rt's per month and the platform fee is waived, i.e. you pay only for real-time data feeds.

I have no complaints with them

Tradestation data feed overall much better now than 2 years ago and very close to eSignal data, but still lugging compare to IB.

To compare data feeds from variety of providers - get a trial TS and use OwnData software to put data all together and feed trade station. It is possible to evaluate data in real time tick by tick.

I have recently acquired a TS account, and also have IB and AMTD

i had heard previously, and now have it confirmed by my own experience, that IB "chunks" (aggregates) their ticks in a fast moving market. TS does not.

This is clear when watching TS time/sales vs. IB's

In IB's you will often see orders for (for example) 35 contracts, whereas in TS you will see 5 5 3 10 6 6 in other words the exact fills that went through

i have personally seen my orders go through on IB's tape (buy 6 lots on the bid, it shows up on tape, etc.), but it appears that IB aggregates ticks when the market starts moving quickly.

this means that tick data as well as delta data (trades on ask - trades on bid) is inaccurate with IB feed.

i was using marketdelta with IB and was getting the impression that the data was bogus, and have now confirmed it by comparing to TS.

don't get me wrong. i love IB for what it is - cheap commissions, lots of datafeeds w/o additional fees, etc. but for realtime tape watching and delta comparisons, it is not suitable

hello guys : one comment that I believe its important to take into acct at this data feed / platform issues, and it is that IB tick data its not the same as esignal or TS... ticks on IB are not reliable data.... take that into acct... cheers Walter.

Data providers use deferent algorithm to calculate ticks. eSignal and TS offer real time calculation, though CME has recently changed the ticks computation. IB provides snapshot 1/6 second.

I hope we are not jinxing it, but the data and charts have been great for a while now. I can't recall the last crash or anything. It's been very good and reliable, which wasn't always the case.

Can't speak on behalf of trading execution as I have never used them. Here's a commission page: http://www.tradestation.com/popups/fees/commissions_markets/cbot.htm

its nowhere near a 15 to 233 ration disparity

ive run 300 tick charts side by side, and where IB might have 250 ticks or so, TS would have 300

its inaccurate, but it's not THAT bad :)

15 to 233 was my experience 1 1/2 year ago , cant tell how its on present... it may had improved... any way I had at that time many IB server disconections wich at esignal or TS happens very rarely...

my experience is yesterday.

my only two big problems with IB is the chunked tick data, and the lack of access to the put/call ratio

i gotta say that watching the tape in TS is MUCH more instructive than doing so in IB. i can't believe i waited so long.

by eminis, do you mean CME eminis (CME has trademarked the term) or mini futures contracts IN general?

i believe it's $25 for CME products, and CBOT (which has dow mini, etc.) is free

I asked for YM and it is free for now. Anyway 10 RT trades/month requires to waive platform fee. Now I have IB account and it requires $30 in commission to waive $10 datafeed fee.

Thank you Dalby and Knytt.