Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

nosast

Tradestation Securities

Anyone using Tradestation Securities for brokerage services??

Are they good, fast and reliable? I am very impressed about the features of the TS 8.1 and i am going to sign up next time. The Software including fees is about $ 50 per month when placing 10 Trades with the platform and about $ 150 when placing no trade the whole month.

At the moment i am using Interactive Brokers and Visual Chart for Data. VC is about a 150 USD too, so it would be a good deal switching from VC to TS because of the huge features and data services that are definitely better in TS than in Visual Chart.

My concerns are more about the brokerage services and the order handling tools. Are they comparable to IB? I think i will definitely open an account, because its 100 USD cheaper than only using the TS-Non-Brokerage Services - and having a backup broker is also a good idea ;-)

So if anyone is using TS Securities please let me know of your experiences...

Thank You

Norman

hmmm

i JUST signed up for TS (I already have AMTD and IB accounts) and I was told (and their website confirms) that the software is free, not $50, if you make 10 roundtrip futures trades.

personally, i prefer IB as a broker, but i want access to TS' datafeed, and to be able to use the tickdelta indicators.\

their commissions are ok, but not as cheap as IB's if u do volume and get the unbundled rate

Hi dalby,

the plattform is free when 10 trades a month are made - the 50 USD is approx for the data services i will subsribe (CBotmini, CMEmini, Eurex...).

"personally, i prefer IB as a broker, but i want access to TS' datafeed, and to be able to use the tickdelta indicators."

Same reasons for me. Using the TS with the good internals indicators. I am very pleased with IB and my acutal data service, but i miss these features...

Making 10 Trades with TS gives me a monthly cost advantage of approx 100 USD and the backup broker for free :cool: So i think i go for it...

You made no trades through TS yet?

I have been a TS user for 3 years now... recently switched over to Infinity to clear with them. I must say I absolutely love the TS platform for data and charts. Have tried several vendors in the past but never found them as good as TS. Might be a better idea to clear somewhere else as TS execution is not that fast. I still trade with TS though to cover some of the expenses.

nosast, my account just got approved today, so i start tomorrow.

my data is cheaper than soul's cause i am not getting CME, just CBOT, NYSE, OPRA and i think one other. so, like $5

i do most of my charting with the IB feed, using Quotetracker.

i also like having a backup futures broker (AMTD does not have futures) and i think TS' charts are pretty kewl.

im gonna use TS for my 10 + trades a month, to get the free datafeed, etc. and use investor RT ($60 a month) for market profile.

QT costs me like $6

Hi Soultrader,

i will do so as well....

just sending the 5000 USD to Tradestation Securities and using them as my backup broker. Doing 10 RT a month is also no problem and the comissions are the same then with IB (only CME is 2 cents higher ;-))

It would have been nice to use only one platform for brokerage and data, maybe they are working on faster execution speed in the future....

Norman

@ dalby

Maybe you can write your first impressions after a few trades with TS.

Would be very interested...

I think my application needs surely a month. Havent sent it yet ;-)

Norman

New Traders,

I have using TS for several years going back to when they were known as Omega Research. I have test several data providers and trading platforms such as CyberTrader, RealTick, and others over the years.

When you began pursuing trading, I am assuming your focus was on “learning to tradeâ€Â. With that being said, you might want to focus a lot less on commissions and more importantly on the quality of data from the provider, their downtime, execution capabilities (such as Order Cancel Order, Order Sends Order,…), their risk management tools for preserving your capital (dollar-based and percentage-based stop-loss capabilities, trailing stops,…) and the ease of using these tools.

Experienced traders know that commissions and fees are just the cost of doing business. It is more important to be able to enter, exit, and get filled with your trades according to your trading plan that really matters most.

These are the more important trading components you must and will need to hone your trading craft. The lack there of or ineffective execution of these tools will more than offset the savings of commissions any day. Commissions are usually important for scalp traders who conduct 100’s of trades per day.