Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Mysticforex

Trading Account Gone !

What would you do if your trading account was gone? For whatever reason. Broker belly up, margin call whatever.

Would you retire ? start over ? Explore a new means of producing income ?.

I for one would start over Once my emotional state was back to normal of course ).

What would you do if your trading account was gone? For whatever reason. Broker belly up, margin call whatever.

I for one would start over Once my emotional state was back to normal of course ).

File for unemployment compensation... no.

Seek a government bailout under the too big too fail rule... no.

Go on a killing spree at the branch office... maybe?

Move in with the kids... mmmm...No.

Get a job at McDonalds... mmmm... No.

Find a "sugar momma"... maybe... wait... mmmm... no... well maybe.

Run for public office... yes... become a bum.

File for unemployment compensation... no.

Seek a government bailout under the too big too fail rule... no.

Go on a killing spree at the branch office... maybe?

Move in with the kids... mmmm...No.

Get a job at McDonalds... mmmm... No.

Find a "sugar momma"... maybe... wait... mmmm... no... well maybe.

Run for public office... yes... become a bum.

I like that. A very well thought out list of options.

from MFG experience....

thank my lucky stars I had learnt from others mistakes and had diversified my accounts, so all I could do was shrug shoulders, open a new account elsewhere and get on with it.

Diversify accounts even more, become less trusting and work out how to minimise this occurring again, leaving even less money with the brokers. (Even though the MFG account could have been worse it was not good - and FYI - for those of you in the US who may have received money back the rest of the world has not yet - still caught up in UK court cases.)

In the meantime, curse swear and plot to exact revenge, join others in consolation and wait for the court cases and inevitable blame game. The upside is that it makes you realise that money is only money, and it does not hurt that much when its gone - the loss of trust hurts more. (My blaming the accountants has not been diminished either :()

Over the past couple of years or so, quite a few people have had to ponder this very question. From Bernie Madoff, to MF Global, and PFGBest. Like our lives, we spend all that energy building up our trading accounts only to find out that *POOF* it can all be gone as if it never were.