Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Good Morning All;

Of all the articles I have written, my favorite articles are ones that bring out some of the subtleties of chart patterns that many new traders may miss. But the purpose of this letter, "Eyes", is not to 'teach' technical analysis; that is what our seminars are for. That is why perhaps the most helpful articles, for those that listen, are the ones that talk about how to go about learning the business of trading.

Through the Cracks

That is correct. The business of trading. It is a business like any other. True, it does not generally involve employees or large facilities for most traders. But it does involve education, planning and preparation.

Traders need to be educated in the method of making money in the markets, as well as all of the surrounding concepts that are needed. They need to plan the business in the big picture by opening accounts, allocating money, figuring out living expenses for a period of time, allocating the proper time and money to the new venture, allocating money to initial and ongoing education, as well as many other important issues. Traders also need to prepare for each and every trade by forming trading plans and proper follow up procedures, and the proper research for their trade.

Let's take a harder look at the first concept; getting an education in the markets, as well as all of the surrounding concepts that are needed. Deciding what approach is right for you; fundamental or technical, long term or short term or both, using news or not, understanding how to use platforms, how to enter orders, what types of orders should be used, understanding what actually moves prices, and the 'math' of making money. It should seem obvious that everyone would have a handle on all these topics before risking capital in their new business. But experience tells me nothing could be further from the truth.

Learning the actual concepts of technical trading is what our Trading the Pristine Method seminar is all about. But that course is about understanding price movement; how prices go through stages, transitions, and how to play those movements to make money. Plus a whole lot more. But many of the other concepts are things traders need to understand but often don't. Many are touched on in seminars, but some are not. It is expected that traders will learn from our free webinars, or from their broker, and maybe some are even in the 'common sense' category. Many important items seem to 'fall through the cracks'.

Sitting in the Pristine Method Trading Room, I am often mildly shocked at some of the things that 'experienced' traders ask. To that end, we have created a new course, "Online Trading Essentials". It covers many important topics. If you are looking at a career in the markets, or if you have recently begun pursuing that opportunity, this class is a must. I also feel 'anyone' would enjoy the class. It is free to current clients who have attended a seminar. If you are currently talking to your counselor about becoming a client, see if you can get into the class for free.

Paul Lange

Vice President of Services

Pristine Capital Holdings, Inc.

In the beginning of this year I was looking to join a proprietary trading firm. I had visited several places, some had tried to sell me how easy trading was, others wouldn't answer my questions. My friend's father had recommended Pristine, being that he already trades with them. I went to the Trader's Expo in New York this past February. There I met Paul Lange and Ray Arias. They both seemed very trustable and answered all of my questions. I signed up for the prop program that day, and have been trading with Pristine ever since. After being in the Black room ( Pristine's Chat room for Proprietary traders) for just a few days, I knew I made the right choice. I'm learning everyday, and loving it more and more.

Ekmel. B