Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

MadMarketScientist

Techniques of Tape Reading

Tape reading is among the oldest and most successful methods of technical analysis.

Techniques of Tape Reading shows traders how to incorporate the best aspects of tape reading into a modern trading plan, by understanding the correlation between volume and price and simply trading off what a stock's price movement is telling them to do.

A practical, how-to guide for using tape reading to improve trading decisions in today's screen trading environment, Techniques of Tape Reading discusses:

• Profitable use of tape reading in both swing and day trading
  • How the best traders condition their minds and mind-sets
  • Tape reading techniques for up, down, and nontrending markets

One of the best tape reading books available. For any trader new to tape reading, this is a must read.

Covers the teachings of Wyckoff and Neill. The author shows various setups combining price and tape with the final section dedicated to charts. Alot of good information covered in this book from volume & price analysis, tape, trader pscyhology, etc...

Tape reading and volume analysis are pure information. Master these techniques and you will always be one step ahead of the crowd.

A must have for your trading library.

I thoroughly enjoyed the book, there are some absolute gems of information in it. Over time I've found myself reading chapters again, discovering more truths hidden in the chart, but well explained by Graifer. This is a book I would recommend to anyone who's interesting in doing the work themselves, but not to those who are looking for a book about what to do and how to do it. Graifer suggest several approaches, but fundamentally he proposes that you trade based on scenarios. If X happens, then you do A. If Y happens instead, you act by doing B.

As for 'tape reading', the best elements are contained on the least number of pages. Don't expect anything about Time & Sales, because that's not what this book is about. You don't need T&S imo, just plain P/V.

Vadym presents the relationship of price and volume as well as any book I've read. I wish he dealt with indicies more than stocks, but the truths are the same regardless of markets. For the person learning to read volume, this is as good a place to start as I can imagine.