Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

MadMarketScientist

Mind Over Markets: Power Trading With Market Generated Information

Product Description by Amazon

This book is an examination of Market Profile charting concepts. The Market Profile principle is also used by knowledgeable and experienced day traders. This is the best available text on the subject.

The key element that has long separated tremendously successful traders from all others is their intuitive understanding that time regulates all financial opportunities. In 1984, J. Peter Steidlmayer formally introduced the Market Profile as a way to graphically depict the acceptance or rejection of price over time. For the first time, what had once been the domain of the intuitve trader was not accessible to all traders.

The ability to record price information according to time has unleashed huge amounts of useful market information in a form never before available In turn, this information explosion has triggered a new way of looking at markets and opened the doors for accelerated levels of market analysis.

Mind Over Markets is a book about learning; learning the dynamics of markets through the organization of price, time and volume, and learning how to synthesize this information with your own intuition.

Our goal is to arrie at a healthy balance between the powers of objective observation and intuitive decision making--a rare talent possessed by only the best of traders.

This is by far my favorite trading book. The concept that you can learn from Market Profile is pure information. Market Profile teaches you market understanding, a method different from trading signals based on technical indicators. Dalton does a terrific job explaining Market Profile in a very simple yet sophisticated way. If you are trading without the knowledge of Market Profile, you are trading blind. Market Profile will open your trading vision to understand the bigger picture and to be aware of other time frame market participants. It will help you answer two important trading questions: 1. Which way is the market trying to go? and 2. Is it doing a good job in its attempt to go that way? I read this book once a month and I never fail to gain new insights.

I’ve never known a Market Profile trader who hadn’t read Mind over Markets at least twice. It is widely considered ‘the bible’ of Market Profile and I understand that type of reverence. Dalton’s book is rich with content, reaching far beyond just ‘buy here or sell here’ suggestions. MoM very capably takes on the task of presenting a learning method specifically for a very complex subject and the actual core of that complex subject. Each time I re-read the text, I pull more from each section and connect more ideas. This book was not written to be a read-once-and-put-it-away type of resource. This book was written to be absorbed and used on a daily basis.

For anyone looking for Market Profile (or any trading) material, this is a must have.

I think that this book has a lot of valuable info but to me it makes Market profile seem much harder to understand than than it should. The authors spend too much time dividing volume into different segments that I haven't found relevant. Also, the layout of charts leaves much to be desired. Usually one has to turn pages to see the chart of which he reads.

Certainly there is useful, unique information in this book but could be enriched by simplification and clarification. But since there's not a lot out therefor MP those interested in learning this type of trading should buy the book.