Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Soultrader

[Sellers vs Buyers with Heikin Ashii and Volume Delta]

Interesting video on selling vs buying at key levels. In order to understand this you will need to be familiar with the Heikin Ashii and Volume Delta indicator available here in the Indicator Forum.

Basically I am trying to see when there is a color divergence between the TTM and the Volume Delta. 99% of the color divergence is noise... what is important is to focus at a key price level. In this case this was the daily pivot or PP at the opening. We see more sellers at this level.

CLICK HERE TO VIEW VIDEO

Charts created by Tradestation

Presented by Traders Laboratory

Soul is the ShowMe available? I'm just getting started in EasyLanguage so don't feel confident enough code my own just yet - it will come though. Great video, I went short on the ER2 at the same time, as I find that the first approach of a pivot level has a high chance of bouncing the pivot line - this indicator would be a nice confirmation of that strategy.

Keymoo... what exactly do you mean? If you right click on your chart and go to "Format Analysis Technique", you should get an option to insert an indicator, paintbar, showme, activity bar, and probabilitymap. This tool is in the "Showme" under "Delta Ttm Div". I hope I answered your question correctly or were you referring to something else?

Hey Soul,

Great video. How close do you like to see price approach a pivot and form a divergence dot in order to consider it a valid rejection? I am trading the ES so tick increment values would be great. Thanks!!:)

I used this indicator, but it plots several divergences, depending on the time frame. I noticed, sometimes price will near a key level and then show buying divergence, but on very low volume. Price will then rise a small amount and then sell off further. If you use this indicator make sure you watch the volume or the tape. Just my 2 cents.