Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

ratmpower

Buy when Up or Down

One of the basic question that often comes up is - do you buy when price reaches 52-week high or when it reaches 52-week low? The argument for buying at high is that it indicates the stock is in increasing trend, whereas the argument for buying at low is that it is cheap.

I have implements two automated strategies

1. One that automaticaly buys stocks that make new 52-week highs

2. Another that automatically buys stocks that make new 52-week lows

Both strategies hold stocks for one month before selling them.

I will update this thread with the results as they become available.

Edited by MadMarketScientist
url removed

I'm all in when a stock bottoms out and if it doesn't make any sense and it's still a good company. Nothing better than when a stock takes a big hit due to external factors that really don't impact it much. Made a lot of money the past couple years when a stock is really low. Last week I bought a large position in Ford that I'm gonna just sit on. I'm planning on at least 30% this year. Their sales are rising yet the stock has gone down 30+% in the past 52 wks. It's gonna be a good one this year.

You won't see me buy a stock at a 52 wk high.

Just me.