Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Soultrader

Soultrader's YM Workspace for Tradestation

Soultrader,

I am new to this forum and an IB user who charts through quotetracker and marketdelta (just started with the latter). I am so intrigued by your tick delta indicator, that I am opening up an account just to have that availability.

As you may know, IB chunks their tick data to some extent, so I am curious to compare side by side the difference. I know that given a slow enough market, IB's tick data is exact, because I see my exact orders go through properly on the bid/ask.

I'm actually looking forward to setting up a whole seperate computer with tradestation and using your indicator, which seems to replicate much of what market delta does. I love market delta's infinitely customizable MP charts. Do you know any other chart vendor that can take an IB or TS datastream and give full MP functionality (composites, etc.)

I personally use Tradestation for Market Profile also. It might be best if you ask Tingull because he is familiar with market profile vendors. Try shooting him a pm to see what he has to say. Also, Ant is the MP wizard so he should be familiar with vendors as well.

Note: The TICK Delta is actually a misleading name. The coder, walterw decided to change it to Volume Delta.

thanks.

i like MD but for $180 a month, if i can get the same basic functionality using your indicator, it's clearly a better buy. Basically, I am just looking for confirmation/divergence between price action and bid/sell volume.

I also like to use MD to chart (for example) only the 20 lot plus order going through the ES which helps me understand the actions of institutional traders.

if TS allows charting of composite MP charts then Im all set, otherwise, I will contact Tingull.

I like to set up a 20 day MP up to the current date, a 10 day, and the previous 10 day and then the last 5 days. to compare development.

TS does not offer market profile by default. The mp indicator was coded by Ant and is posted in our forums. The problem is that it will not plot a composite profile which is very important for MP traders. Tingull I believe uses Investor R/T and I have seen some very nice MP composite charts. Very good mp package in my opinion.

dalby,

With Ants indicator you won't be able to do composite MP charts on TS. I use Investor/RT which is the same charting and MP that Marketdelta uses (it's the same guy who codes it) the only thing you dont get is the footprint stuff. If you want a fabulous MP charting package, you could check out InvestorRT, Sierra Charts has a great one as Ive been told.

I'm on a Mac, and haven't had many issues with IRT, but those on PC's have complained a little of some issues. IRT was originally made on a Mac, so that could be a reason.

ive been checking out investor RT

for $59 it will give me all the mp i use, and i did notice its the same as market delta

i don't need footprint, since i can use that tick delta indicator for tradestation (once i sign up)

ill get TS for free with the 10 contracts per months, so you guys just saved me $120 per month .

i am still on the MD trial, but it would cost me $180 so i can get the same thing for 60

thanks tingull and soultrader

Hi Soultrader

I am newbie and i try to learn trade YM & ER2. How to interprit tick delta waht it is and how to apply in trading red and green delta. It will help me lot to learn new things.

Thx in advance

Mkp14

Hi Soultrader

I am newbie and i try to learn trade YM & ER2. How to interprit tick delta waht it is and how to apply in trading red and green delta. It will help me lot to learn new things.

Thx in advance

Mkp14

The TICK Delta shows the number of contracts at the bid vs ask. The greater of the two comes on top. So if you have more contracts at the ask this will appear with a green bar on top of the red.

Watch them at key S&R levels. Become familiar with through observation because there is alot more you can use it for.

Hi Soultrader

Thank you very much. Its clear and plot in chart working good only thing missing is your pivot it does not show in chart i think because of it value 000. I can not use your workspace because it saved in higher verision than i have .

Thx again

Mkp14