Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

NYCkopp

Analysis Websites: CNBC Vs. WSJ Vs. MarketWatch

There's no harm in using all of the mainstream sites like the ones you mention so long as you realise what you should use them for. Pre-open, scan them for news items/articles only, but don't use them for much more than that. You need to know what has the market's attention, but know that these guys have to write something. Much of it you can ignore.

Negotiator ...

What sites do you use throughout the day while trading, researching, analyzing, etc?

I really don't generally. If you look at say MW throughout a balanced day, one which is up and down over prior day's close, it's just funny to see the headline of how bulls then bears then bulls then bears etc are in control. It's ridiculous really.

I use market info to tell me what is happening. I am a futures day trader though, not a stock trader. I keep abreast of news in case there is anything market moving. You can use a squawk for this or even the likes of Google finance latest headlines. You could probably use Twitter even nowadays(although I'm not sure I would :)).

as suggested by others - using any system to keep up to date with whats happening during the day will work, so long as its quick.

When it comes to doing research, then this should be done prior to the day happening - the newspapers merely report history and opinion....the markets report live.