Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

shooly76

No Progress (frustration)

75% profitable from 10-13 to 10-31...only like 5-6 trades though.. but still gives me hope. just quit job that was taking all my spare time up. so now I am working less hours at another job so Ill be able to sim trade 3-4 nights/ week. Id like to still be 75% through december, then I think I will be ready to go live again.

patience, patience, patience!

5aa710b111dff_6E12-11(3Min)10_31_2011.thumb.jpg.e2712f22ed0988d660cbe97b81f29438.jpg

There are many ways to trade profitably

For the Christmas holiday I would like to generate some extra cash so I am going back to my

roots trading the overnight market

The attached capture is my screen setup....As you can see, at first glance it is simple with three screens...DAX and then two ES screens showing different time frames....I read the DAX for general direction and trade one of the two shorter time frames depending on a couple of variables

Not going to put on a seminar but just want to suggest that the orginal poster look to simpilify, test carefully to make sure you actually HAVE an edge, then after you have sim traded successfully, simply aim to trade with discipline (take all the trades, stay with solid risk management and make sure to take profits and do not under any circumstances let a profit turn into a loss). After you resolve the technical issues, success is all about your ability to perform consistently....

Good luck

5aa710b12b3d7_GlobexScreenSetup.thumb.PNG.f9c4531d92b8331fc756a86c8cc8fcf9.PNG

Interesting. Haven't run into many using a 45 second bar chart!

I wonder, have you also tried using the FESX instead of the DAX, since the DAX can be such a wild dragon? Or maybe that is why you found it to be a better leading indicator.

Interesting. Haven't run into many using a 45 second bar chart!

I wonder, have you also tried using the FESX instead of the DAX, since the DAX can be such a wild dragon? Or maybe that is why you found it to be a better leading indicator.

one of my chart uses 102 minutes. I am sure you have never heard of that either.

So I guess I will just say this...worrrying about the nominal time frame is what retail traders do, as if the time frame offers some edge.....it doesn't...

I use two time different time frames and it is the offset between the two that provides part of my edge...I leave it to others to do the research...

Good luck folks.