Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Do Or Die

Using a Massage Belt?

I know exercising is good, but sometimes when the day is busy I tend to spend 4-5 hours in front of computer without a break of single minute. I'm thinking of getting a belt to massage on abdomen/shoulder/back for 20 mins or so.

Does anyone has experience with these? There seem to be very few FDA approved and most are particularly designed for slimming, while I just want to get right blood circulation towards the end of day.

thanks,

DD

I know exercising is good, but sometimes when the day is busy I tend to spend 4-5 hours in front of computer without a break of single minute. I'm thinking of getting a belt to massage on abdomen/shoulder/back for 20 mins or so.

Does anyone has experience with these? There seem to be very few FDA approved and most are particularly designed for slimming, while I just want to get right blood circulation towards the end of day.

thanks,

DD

Instead of getting a massage belt, focus on making money. Then when you have enough money, have a stripper come to your house once a day and pay her to rub your back. If you are only trading sim, then have your wife do it.

In all seriousness, if it is a vibrating type, it will give you temporary relief. Probably not a bad idea if you have issues. If you have disc problems, the vibrating could move a disc fragment and cause you pain.

thanks,

DD

you can always try something like these:

treadmill desk - Google Search

wow_treadmill_desk.jpg

http://www.treadmillreviews.net/introducing-the-treadmill-desk-time-management-takes-a-step-forward/

I have this one

The OTO Power Tap Hands-free Massager « Memoirs Of An IT Guy

It's pretty nice on the shoulders, it has different settings like heat degree, strength of vibration and you can control the degrees of speed. It sit comfortably on your shoulders so you don't need to move it to one specific area by hand.

I bought in Asia so I'm not sure if you can get it in the states.

Actually, I learnt this technique from yoga and it helps a lot with the shoulders and neck

Stand up, then arch your spine backwards and try and look backwards, position your shoulders so they also are hunched backwards too, hold this pose for as long as possible, stretching your core. Try it gently at first try. This should help because when you face the computer you are hunching forwards so the act of bending backwards helps that out.

Also do shoulder shrugs backwards and forwards.