Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

TinGull

ER Analysis 1/30/07

The plan getting fairly routine as of late. The ER2 is not wanting to break to new highs or lows and we just range. We hit the VAH on the monthly profile yesterday and bounced right back down. Amazing sometimes how Market Profile shows you what will happen. As for the trading day…once again ER2 formed one of its extremes (the low of the day) in the first 30 minutes. It’s nearing 84% of the time that ER is hitting an extreme in the first hour of trade.

The profile was a fat one again. Buyers did have strength over the sellers at 121/205 TPOs. Notice, though, that ER2 is near the top of a downtrend line on the monthly volume profile:

ervolprof129.thumbnail.jpg

The bottom of this wedge could easily get hit tomorrow or the next day, and it’s going to get into make it or break it time for the Russell.

Values for todays trading:

VAH - 798.5

POC - 797.3

VAL - 794.3

With just a 4 point value area, we could see price move from the top to the bottom or vice versa. It’s a pretty small value area. Today we had a 5 point VA, and we stayed above it all day long. Good day for the bulls. Price right now (Monday evening) is trading inside of value. IF we are to open up inside of value, I would look at shorts around VAH. This coincides with the ominous 800 level. I would also look to long the VAL around 794. Now…if we start heading down hard, I won’t take that short. I will most likely look for a retracement to the POC or VAL.

With the markets looking for a higher open as of now (pre news) we are outside of value to the upside. A play that *could* work is going long off VAH. I want to see a break of 800 first, as I feel there are going to be some sellers in this 800-805 area. Only time will tell right now.

Overall, the rest of this week will be interesting. Lots of data for the markets to digest and a Fed day wednesday. Those are always messy.

Best of luck!

Here's my two cent quick analysis outlined with arrows on the chart.

My crystal ball says lower and when that fails, I pull out the good old magic 8 ball and give it a shake.

OPPS, I should read these topics, this is a market profile analysis thread. :o

er2.thumb.jpg.88c0e8af61f5679b1b1eef250bbd0237.jpg

Paul has a cat that can predict market turns. I tried to buy it off him but wouldnt sell.

Anyways, Tin what are youre thoughts on the ER2 and how MP plays into it? As you know I've been married to the YM for some time. Does ER2 respect the MP levels and concept as the YM does? On the YM, whenever the PP is in the middle of the value range, it tends to stop price dead in in its track. Have you noticed anything like this for the ER2? Thanks

:) no worries.

For MP and ER...ER is married and FAITHFUL to Market Profile. As far as daily pivots, I'll look at some charts and let you know this morning in the chat room. Im just getting ready for the day right now. But I can say that ER2 respects all levels of MP from the VAL-POC-VAH. All of those levels you need to watch for, where YM tended to follow VAL-VAH only.

And the special situations apply very well to the Russell too. Some reallly nice MP stuff goes down with the Russell.

even the magic 8 ball failed me as well....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh. ;)

HOPELESS!!!

jk, was too damn tired to trade today (31 jan 07)

gosh I hope the market will be there tommorrow. ;)