Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

torero

week 5

Yes, I see the hammer too. I'm watching this consolidation closely to see how this rally is going. So far so good, I see a bear flag/triangle building. This might be my bias for now, but anything can change.

Did anyone notice this parallel play? GBPJPY broke below day's support first, went back to resistance then head down while GBPUSD was still above day's support. Anyone use different pairs for cues to an eventual entry in another?

attachment.php?attachmentid=631&stc=1&d=1170240552

FOREXPLANE-GBPUSD-GBPJPY-CORRELATION-BREAKDOWN.gif.ee41897f108544cbaedf7b3a1866b100.gif

they're quite often handy to refer to as a cross reference exercise yes......although I think you'll find today's activity on the Yen pairs (across the board) is reflecting the knee-jerk jawboning yesterday on the part of "spokespersons" in relation to the upcoming G7 shindig.....

Yes, I see the hammer too. I'm watching this consolidation closely to see how this rally is going. So far so good, I see a bear flag/triangle building.

looks like you got your low risk green light off the 15m bars/5min triggers away from the S2 line?? ;)

Good luck with the trade Torero. I hope it continues for you.

Just a note, one thing i do consider after a fairly decent run is the days average range. On cable it is about 120/130 pips, so if i have seen price cover this distance then i usually forgo any continuation setups. Obviously we do get big days but after price has already covered the days average i consider any further move as lower probability.

Yes, that's a fair point Steve. Also be mindful of the impending data. Today we have the GDP printing at 8.30, followed by Construction Spending at 10.00 EST. The former could spike off this Round Number if it disappoints.

Not to mention the later FOMC gibberish!

But then, there's been sufficient space to leg out & cover some of the position if the entry was tight thru the triggers?!

Steve, you're right. I have considered this possibility but I have to take them as they come, breakout days are so far have been my salvation to keep the account on positive side, so I cannot tell myself to sit out if it's over the average range. The only reason I'm considering exiting is the Fed announcement later today. I wasn't aware of it but with that closing in, I might be exposing myself to unwanted volatility.

I'll see how NY treats this early leg down.

A few of us were chatting earlier about the opportunities available today across all the pairs. One of the guy's here bases one of his strats around pivots hugging key confluence zones at supply-demand levels.

Every one of the majors has popped off a math line today, a couple of them at snappy confluence zones too. Usually at least 2 of 4 majors will signal a trade or two during the day - & at least 2-3 very decent opps per week across the 4 pairs, but today has been a case of "eeny meeny mynee mo"

Man, just look at some of those bars printing at the levels too.

You could be forgiven for assuming one could cobble a workable strat around these things huh? LOL.

ps: Don't even go there Buk

attachment.php?attachmentid=641&stc=1&d=1170258806

attachment.php?attachmentid=642&stc=1&d=1170258830

attachment.php?attachmentid=643&stc=1&d=1170258830

attachment.php?attachmentid=644&stc=1&d=1170258830

piv1.gif.4ba72766ee6ff9d374f3f727c5628c91.gif

piv2.gif.ae86ee98fc0d375c462bf79e06822e22.gif

piv3.gif.d6c01c83beab0c1dd8bbf174b3acb611.gif

piv4.gif.4954d0315d780739d9a5a13e902455b6.gif

You could be forgiven for assuming one could cobble a workable strat around these things huh? LOL.

ps: Don't even go there Buk

hehehehe.....couldn't resist it!!

they even throw you decent pare outs/exit zones too :cool:

attachment.php?attachmentid=648&stc=1&d=1170261126

tech51.gif.3100cc3e1f1eef6916797143030de365.gif

I completely missed this one, can someone tell me if this is due to the PMI? Wow, I had expected Fed but not this.

Yes torero. Consensus was for a 52.0 reading v/s prev print of 51.6.

Quite a few desks were actually gearing up for +52.5

It hit the tape at 48.8.

torero, there is a pretty good economic calender at, forex factory its usually pretty quick post results after news.(not trying to promote anybody just thought i would let u know)