Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Tradewinds

Peer Review

Some members have an air of conflict to them. It's not uncommon. Other than replying to someone's post and telling them what you think of them, there's not a good way to rate people's behavior on the site. The threads that degrade into people bashing each other doesn't help anyone. I'd like to see a way for members to be subject to a peer review concerning the way they behave on the site. Have a system where if 3 or more members express concern over another members behavior, they would be subject to a peer review. I would gladly submit myself to a peer review. It's a matter of being willing to be held accountable. It's a character issue. Rebuke a fool and he will hate you, rebuke a wise man and he will love you.

Some members have an air of conflict to them. It's not uncommon. Other than replying to someone's post and telling them what you think of them, there's not a good way to rate people's behavior on the site. The threads that degrade into people bashing each other doesn't help anyone. I'd like to see a way for members to be subject to a peer review concerning the way they behave on the site. Have a system where if 3 or more members express concern over another members behavior, they would be subject to a peer review. I would gladly submit myself to a peer review. It's a matter of being willing to be held accountable. It's a character issue. Rebuke a fool and he will hate you, rebuke a wise man and he will love you.

this exists - most threads that degrade are then often restablished and the fool is often shown to be the fool or ousted. Then there is the ignore button.

Unfortunately Tradewinds this is a public forum, and while I am sure many dont necessarily mean to be provocative, a lot of context is lost through the written word that we have to often be super sensitive about and almost apologetic to the extreme.

What you propose is tough to instigate and raises questions - who is a peer, who reviews, how is a review conducted, what rules do people need to apply/comply by.

Personally I prefer an open self regulated forum where polite dissent is encouraged.

Dont forget that this is an international forum - there is a lot of missed humour and sublte nuances missed that one person thinks is normal while another deems not appropriate.

While I agree the name calling is crap to read and does show someone who constantly does it is the fool - hit the ignore button, a wise man should be happy to have his thoughts provoked and should be encouraged to provoke others in discussion. Once they start the name calling on a consistent basis - especially to defend their position, it tells you they probably cant emotionally control them selves - and if they cant do that on an open forum with anonymous participants and only pride at stake - do you reckon they can do that in the market with real money at stake - ignore. :2c:

I want to state that I'm not suggesting censorship. If people want to be rude, impolite, arrogant, divisive, argumentative or any other negative thing you can think of, fine, let them be that way. As long as it is within the TL agreement for the guidelines, they are free to be however they want to be.

Actually, I would like to ask the TL people what I can and can not do. Can I open a thread titled: Tradewinds Peer Review. And ask people to make comments on what they think of me personally? Can I include an open, ongoing poll, that includes choices of:

• Tradewinds is well behaved
  • Tradewinds is fairly well behaved
  • Tradewinds needs improvement
  • Tradewinds behavior is unacceptable

If that is okay, I'd like to do that. People can take the poll, and also make comments about me. As long as it's within guidelines, then it's simply a free and open way for me to express myself.

If I start a thread inviting everyone to express what they think of me, can I suggest to other members that they open their own thread and ask the TL community what everyone thinks of them? I won't open a thread asking to review someone else, but can I suggest to anyone that they do what I did, and we'll find out what everyone thinks of them?

It would be purely voluntary. If I can not do the above things, then am I being censored?

interesting idea ... but when people get out of hand the 'report post' button usually takes care of it. of course ignoring them also works wonders! unfortunately this is the reality of an anonymous forum. i find very little problems here, the same can't be said about the other trading forums out there ... all i see are bashers and people fighting!

-mslk