Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

barneynels

Trading Game

Hello

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong area.

Please can anyone recommend a good trading game for someone who is numeric but not necessarily clear on all aspects of financial market terminology? I am looking for something that will give me a flavour of trading generally and more from the perspective of a short-term trader than someone who makes long term economic decisions.

I would quite like to get a feel for the mechanics of trading. I have been 'trading' on sports betting exchanges and would like to see whether my skills transfer over to trading in financial markets.

Cheers

Barney

Look into 'VTTrader', They offer free software and simulated Forex accounts.

Of course its only useful during market hours. I've also looked for something similar but haven't had much luck. You can also download a free trial of "Trademaven", and for 30 days you can get tick replay of the ER2 and YM and practice outside of market hours. The software is crummy but tick replay is nice.

Man, I don't want to rain in on anyone's parade but demo trading and real trading are two totally different things affecting your internal emotions.

If one does want to get started in trading, start off small!!!

Trading larger size is a right of passage, you have to earn it.

Once real money is on the line, your head thinks completely different. With play money, you do not have the stress involved of dealing with lose since the lose is only play money. Heck I did great paper trading, came the real thing, I sucked ass until I came to terms with the psychological aspect to trading.

Demo accounts are great for learning how to use the platform, other than that, you won't learn a damn thing (regarding handling of the stress and mental aspect of trading).