Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Tams

Ron Paul Worries Fort Knox Gold

I guess this candidate would never be nominated, let alone elected.

there is a conspiracy that all the Fort Knox gold were long gone.

if that is true, then this candidate will be silenced at all cost. He will never have a chance

LOL

Ron Paul worries Fort Knox gold is gone

By Jennifer Liberto @CNNMoney June 24, 2011: 11:58 AM ET

Ron Paul introduced a bill that would require the Fed to manually audit every U.S.-owned gold bar.

WASHINGTON (CNNMoney) -- With the price of gold at record highs, presidential candidate Rep. Ron Paul wants to make sure the U.S. gold bars at Fort Knox are really there.

Paul called a congressional hearing Thursday to grill federal officials about his bill to audit and inventory all of the gold reserves at Fort Knox, Ky., West Point, N.Y., and Denver, even though Treasury officials insist that the gold is audited annually and is all there.

During the hearing, Paul suggested that the Federal Reserve of New York, which has 5% of the U.S. gold reserves, has the ability to secretly sell or swap gold with other countries without anyone knowing.

"The Fed is pretty secret, you know," said Paul, who leans Libertarian. "Congress doesn't have much say on what's going on over there. They do a lot of hiding."

full story here

http://money.cnn.com/2011/06/24/news/economy/ron_paul_gold_audit/index.htm?hpt=hp_t2

Greece probably has it secretly stashed away - they are refusing to pay their debts and hoping the other Europeans will stop their meddling and bailing them out - they want their debts to be wiped out so they can start the whole process again....its just those damm Germans and their meddling again. I bet its them that are secretly auditing the gold.....

What are the odds Ron Paul has actually done some dodgy deals in the past and the guilt has been eating away at him, and so he accuses others of the same crime to help sooth his restless soul....?

with his quote "This is one of the few legitimate functions of government: To check our ownership and be fiscally responsible and find out just what we own and whether it's really there," said Paul, who is among those running for the Republican presidential nomination.

I wonder if he held George W up to the same scrutiny the former republican president?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPslTZAqZPc&feature=related]YouTube - ‪Fort Knox gold does not exist‬‏[/ame]

Edited by Tams

Tams, from the posts you've made, you seem very intelligent/educated. However, this post is completely ridiculous. You're making Ron Paul sound like a nut job. It's not that far out of a question. Since the gold standard has been removed (WHY?!) there is no reason for them to store all that gold down there that I know of. It was a representation of how much our dollar was worth, so what's the point of them keeping it there?

My main question is, who owned the gold? Well, I would say, when you get an interment deed (the right to be buried in a cemetery) you don't own the land, you own the right to be buried there. The cemetery owns the actual land. So, a dollar, back when we had the gold standard, we could use the same analogy. Whose to say it is or isn't there? Not only do I think it's possible for it to be missing, (because who knows that much about it?) I think it's probable!

The government owned it, they hardly ask our permission. I think there IS gold in Ft. Knox. As much as there should be? Probably not.

Tams, from the posts you've made, you seem very intelligent/educated. However, this post is completely ridiculous. You're making Ron Paul sound like a nut job. It's not that far out of a question. Since the gold standard has been removed (WHY?!) there is no reason for them to store all that gold down there that I know of. It was a representation of how much our dollar was worth, so what's the point of them keeping it there?

My main question is, who owned the gold? Well, I would say, when you get an interment deed (the right to be buried in a cemetery) you don't own the land, you own the right to be buried there. The cemetery owns the actual land. So, a dollar, back when we had the gold standard, we could use the same analogy. Whose to say it is or isn't there? Not only do I think it's possible for it to be missing, (because who knows that much about it?) I think it's probable!

The government owned it, they hardly ask our permission. I think there IS gold in Ft. Knox. As much as there should be? Probably not.

You sound angry.

Maybe you should be angry at CNNMoney or FoxNews.

What does cemetery plots has to do with me? (or you?)

Bit more on the Ron-Paul-Ben-Bernanke war of ideas on thrill-hill!

Audit the Fed?

Bernanke fights back against Ron Paul

By Annalyn Censky @CNNMoney July 18, 2012: 4:11 PM ET

Audit the Fed? Bernanke fights back against Ron Paul - Jul. 18, 2012

There is an interesting video in the story - worth waiting for the 30-second advert to get out of the way. (These free-to-air sites are trying to get us to subscribe by hitting us with longer and longer advertising before we get to the cheese!)

For TA traders, there's a related sroty here, regarding the next round of QE mooted:

Fed officials fear risks of more easing - Jul. 11, 2012