Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

shooly76

Aussie Dollar Futures (6A)

please provide all possible info and links about this instrument and other currency futures. Im very interested in this. I just sim traded a 1 min chart on NT7 and made money fast (just playing around and learning NT7 demo)...but I havent yet had time to research it..hopefully my research can start w this thread..

Im interested in currency because of the time Im able to trade it> 6pm ET-8pm ET, and Ive also read its good for a trending system.

I know that tick size is 0.0001/$10.00 but I havent had time yet to do the math on this..

so how many ticks is a point?

point value ($)?

best time (ET) to trade?

please provide all possible info and links about this instrument and other currency futures. Im very interested in this. I just sim traded a 1 min chart on NT7 and made money fast (just playing around and learning NT7 demo)...but I havent yet had time to research it..hopefully my research can start w this thread..

Im interested in currency because of the time Im able to trade it> 6pm ET-8pm ET, and Ive also read its good for a trending system.

I know that tick size is 0.0001/$10.00 but I havent had time yet to do the math on this..

so how many ticks is a point?

point value ($)?

best time (ET) to trade?

I am not affiliated with this site, but I do use the guys on here for some trades. They have a decent website with some info on all the futures. They trade currency futures at least 1 time a day. Commodity Futures Contract Specifications

Hope that helps

If the Aussie moves 10 ticks in your favor, you are up $100. Same with the Canadian Dollar and New Zealand Dollar.

Just be aware that you can also lose money extremely quickly, have an intelligent stop loss.

If you are just starting currency futures, the British Pound is useful since it is $6.25 a tick, so if it moves 10 ticks against you that is a much smaller loss.

A great time to trade the Aussie currently is from around 7-9 EST, the Australian stock market opens at 7 your time and there is usually decent liquidity. The spread will usually go back and forth from one to two ticks. Some evenings with RBA announcements the action will be pretty intense with a one tick spread.