Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Definitely some interesting movements on the TICK up here. Tug-o-war battle.

Will be interesting to see which direction wins out. Either way, a rather large amount of players are going to be caught on the wrong side with the Delta swinging rapidly in either direction.

Definitely some interesting movements on the TICK up here. Tug-o-war battle.

Will be interesting to see which direction wins out. Either way, a rather large amount of players are going to be caught on the wrong side with the Delta swinging rapidly in either direction.

Sure will... SO far\ we are holding the upper distribution area..and the Delta is overall increasing since 9a... making higher/highs, higher/lows on the rotations..at least that's what I am observing over here at the moment..

I've got my helmet on....

Regards,

Tom

11:09 cst DVPOC: We are currently building volume @ 1323.00 and we may see a shift which will really test the structure since it will be at the top..This will be an important test to see if it can push off from there... or will it rotate?

Tom

UPdate 11:20cst.. We got the shift and we are making new highs... I find these VPOC shifts key..

Regards,

Tom

Edited by roztom

My daily VPOC still shows 22.50 haha.

Anyhow next stop to test Jan highs? I don't have any other reference points on any VP/Chart so...

Yep We are in thin air up here... I have 29.75 recent top and a CLVN 1333.25 , CHVN 35.75, CLVN38.50.

I'm looking for 29.75 - 33.25 today but anything can happen.. I got my scale at 1125.00 actually had 25.50 and it ticked there so I bailed & Delta weakened a bit...... I have a MicroLVN @ 1326.00 so I try to exit 2 tics before... for a scale..

Regards,

Tom

mine shows 22.50 still aswell. difference is only ~250 contracts tho

I did a refresh over here and it dropped down to 1322.50... Yikes

However the volume build up there was key... it still behaved as if the VPOC shifted as noted the volume was very close... and it would have shifted or pushed off...result was the same..sorry for the inaccurate post on the shift..

Tom

I am staying away from market now, because its like yeasterdays end of session. UP and DOWN. I am worried that break on either side will be immediataly retruned back.

I am waiting for confirmiation and looking rather for short. (talking about YM):)

Tom are you refering to a minor low vol price on a long term profile or have you got a balance profile showing low vol there?

As you guys know I set my profiles up based on swings..so I go back to a recent swing high/low previous to the current swing...

I combine the CUmulative Longterm nodes which are the real key targets along with an overlay of the Micro Nodes from the shorter term swing... I usually don't do much with them unless there is confluence with a longer term node..

However up here there isn't much to reference so I used that node to scale.. it is actually at 26.00. I always give the market 2 ticks in front of nodes... I've been left wat the alter too many times by a tick... :doh:

Also on the MicroProfiles I have NVPOC's, etc.. which can help if the cumulative NVPOC is too far out of range...

Tom

Tom, without knowing which short term swing you are basing your microprofile on, we can't really comment :)

N: For the Micro I am using the 7.7.11 swing high 1341.25.. Hope that helps...

I typically do not give them a lot of weight unless there is a confluence with the longer tern nodes..I often see the market pause at them, like now but they usually are not major..

I "anticipate" the 1326.00 node to be taken out... it also sets up possibilities for rotations, etc which is another topic but today I am holding since we have broken out of balance...

Let me add that my next MajorCLVN is 33.25 with a microCLVN 32.75..so based on the theory.. That is a meaningful target.. not recommending anyone use these numbers. This is for discussion purposes only.. :2c:

Regards,

Tom

Edited by roztom

I am staying away from market now, because its like yeasterdays end of session. UP and DOWN. I am worried that break on either side will be immediataly retruned back.

I am waiting for confirmiation and looking rather for short. (talking about YM):)

Sobo: DO you trade with Market Profile?

Tom

Question: How do I create a custom VP? When I select custom under time profile I see no way to select a date range or enter in any criteria, nor can I figure out how to select a custom range via the chart. This is in market delta and I can't find any info via MD support under the profile indicator.

Thanks

Take move from the 2nd point right? That was a Gann teaching if I'm not mistaken(I could be though lol). Shows 23.25 nicely which other profiles are not doing.

Sorry, I don't follow..are you referring to the minor swing high I referenced? Tom

Question: How do I create a custom VP? When I select custom under time profile I see no way to select a date range or enter in any criteria, nor can I figure out how to select a custom range via the chart. This is in market delta and I can't find any info via MD support under the profile indicator.

Thanks

if you are on irt/md it should be a toolbar button which looks a little like a profile

Sorry, I don't follow..are you referring to the minor swing high I referenced? Tom

I'm referring to the fact you are starting from 7/7/11. Gann said(I think it was him) that often the most important point is not a top or a bottom before a directional move, but the second high/low before it takes off. If you think about this it makes sense logically in that the market tests and then if it sees what it likes(or doesn't) it then commits.

if you are on irt/md it should be a toolbar button which looks a little like a profile

Thanks, found it. 'Profile Drawing Tool'.

Guess I should use my tool bars more often than just hiding them :)

Thanks

Send Chad an email. he can help you out... You need some Custom Definitions.. Tom

I'm referring to the fact you are starting from 7/7/11. Gann said(I think it was him) that often the most important point is not a top or a bottom before a directional move, but the second high/low before it takes off. If you think about this it makes sense logically in that the market tests and then if it sees what it likes(or doesn't) it then commits.

Yes...... That is the high that it failed from on the retest on 7.21.11.. I was using 7.21 for a while but as we came up I switched back since I had nothing to reference up here... It doesn't change the Major Nodes since they go back to March 2009 but it will impact the Micro's... Tom

Point of Interest: This market today is most likely a one-way ticket to 1329.75 with a possible over-run to 1332 - 1333 ish area as previously noted..however.. "if" we rotate - low probability IMHO, then IBH 23.75 area would be a great place to see stops get taken ... and to consider taking a position if other tools confirm.. not a recommendation or anything of course..

Tom

Sobo: DO you trade with Market Profile?

Tom

Tom: No. I have tried different strategies, but the one, which I feel comfortable with contains only EMA and volume. I have learnt to keep it as simple as it can be:)

I usually enter on corrections to EMA in a trend.

Tom: No. I have tried different strategies, but the one, which I feel comfortable with contains only EMA and volume. I have learnt to keep it as simple as it can be:)

I usually enter on corrections to EMA in a trend.

Simple is Good.. Complexity creates Conflict.

Regards,

Tom