Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Mysticforex

Traders Laboratory Forex Trading Contest!

Sorry guys I am not in,have to give chance to the others.ha-ha-ha.

Youri.:haha:

Congratulations Youri, Mystic Forex and Obsidian. Well done to all of you. Looks like we have some close competition between the three of you. Noice to see.

Youri - I really appreciate your dropping out this time - I need all the help I can get! :cool:

Congratulations Youri, Mystic Forex and Obsidian. Well done to all of you. Looks like we have some close competition between the three of you. Noice to see.

Youri - I really appreciate your dropping out this time - I need all the help I can get! :cool:

Hi Ingot. I will PM you my signals ,if you win you take a credit, if you lose you blame on me. How is that?

Youri.

First PM is coming now.Good luck.

I have such a narrow mind set. I think of everything in a trading week. The contest is still running til Sept 30th at midnight ( EDT ).

Sorry for any confusion.

No worries Mystic - closing out early instead of when I got home from my night shift only cost me about .33% and wouldn't have made any difference to the results.

My trades beginning to mature now, but unfortunately as far as the contest is concerned, it is a little late for the counting.

I'm looking for the new rules for the contest. I suppose the rules are the same? How do you 'register'?

Welcome to those brave enough to have a go - good on you. Keep those entries coming in folks.

The next step is to get a demo account established at Oanda ... and spend the rest of the free time you have getting used to trading the platform (position sizing, opening and closing trades ... the usual stuff).

You will only need your Oanda account number and your username to enter.

Go to OANDA - Forex Trading and Exchange Rates Services | OANDA

and scroll down to "Forex Trading" and select "Forex Demo Account."

Forex Demo Account | OANDA fxTrade

Just register, follow the instructions and you are on your way.

Hope that helps - read back in the thread - it's all there.

Same rules, but I'll be suggesting a longer contest next time - perhaps 3 months - anyone else feel support for this time frame? Or is it just me that thinks this would be a good idea to trade through December?

We have all of October to discuss it.

I believe the longer the term the harder it will be to have contestants, but I might be wrong.

If I get it right, nothing is closed at the end of the month and the trades and balances are carried forward into the next month comp.

Will the results not be the same after 3 months?

Same rules, but I'll be suggesting a longer contest next time - perhaps 3 months - anyone else feel support for this time frame? Or is it just me that thinks this would be a good idea to trade through December?

I believe the longer the term the harder it will be to have contestants, but I might be wrong.

If I get it right, nothing is closed at the end of the month and the trades and balances are carried forward into the next month comp.

That's a good point. I have never run back to back monthly contests. We will see I guess.

Again for anybody wishing to join October's contest.

https://fx2.oanda.com/mod_perl/fxcontest/fxcontest.pl?rm=listFinishedContests&sortCriteria=1&page=24

And The Winner is.........................................

YOURI !!!

The Sept Contest is marked as Finished. We have had 2 more additional entries for October for a total of 8. I will check again tonight for any last minute entries.

cf.thumb.jpg.3238e23f11e1ce1050ca0af1057f9711.jpg

oe.thumb.jpg.b590633e98af1176bd3f4707c3fe263f.jpg

Possibly Kuokam, but we will not know until we go there.

I would like to welcome Optiontimer to this month's contest.

The thread may not be about trading styles and time frames as such, but in effect having a 4-week limit on trading favours the shorter-term TF traders. I have no problem with that, because it does not affect my personal trading. I am free to compete or not compete as I wish, under the rules.

It just means that mostly I expect to be closing trades that have not matured, or reached their targets, but have been closed for reasons based on time limitation alone.

I introduce this thought, to broaden some horizons, and encourage traders to consider how longer-term trading might improve either their bottom line, their enjoyment of trading, or both.

It would be a useful outcome for the contest, and as we are a Trader's Laboratory here, the experiment might just improve what everyone is doing.

Possibly Kuokam, but we will not know until we go there.

I would like to welcome Optiontimer to this month's contest.

The thread may not be about trading styles and time frames as such, but in effect having a 4-week limit on trading favours the shorter-term TF traders. I have no problem with that, because it does not affect my personal trading. I am free to compete or not compete as I wish, under the rules.

It just means that mostly I expect to be closing trades that have not matured, or reached their targets, but have been closed for reasons based on time limitation alone.

I introduce this thought, to broaden some horizons, and encourage traders to consider how longer-term trading might improve either their bottom line, their enjoyment of trading, or both.

It would be a useful outcome for the contest, and as we are a Trader's Laboratory here, the experiment might just improve what everyone is doing.

I agree about the length of the contest. But given the fact we have so few entries, I am not sure a longer contest would hold peoples attention. If we were to start with say 12-15 entries, even if 5 or 6 lost interest we would still have enough to keep it interesting.

I need things like starting balance. Hopefully the mod will repost the requirements?

I need things like starting balance. Hopefully the mod will repost the requirements?
The demo starts you off with 100K you can add or subtract only before the contest starts to whatever amount you like.

Firm 20% DD rule this time. :)

That's a good point. I have never run back to back monthly contests. We will see I guess.

Again for anybody wishing to join October's contest.

https://fx2.oanda.com/mod_perl/fxcontest/fxcontest.pl?rm=listFinishedContests&sortCriteria=1&page=24

Can you link to the specific contest homepage? I cannot find the contest.

edit: https://fx2.oanda.com/mod_perl/fxcontest/fxcontest.pl?rm=contestDetails&contestId=2442 . The previous links did not link directly to the contests.

clearly I am missing something. How do I join the contest? There is no join button that I can see.

edit does an administrator have to manually add people?

Edited by 4EverMaAT

Bravo Nico, this time you played that opening gap right :).
:rofl:

Nico closes his trades now and wins the contest - no further action required.

In fact with that figure, he wins the three month and the 12 month comp and the 2 year contest as well.

Well done Nico ... you can buy me a soda!:rofl:

Hi In the mystic moonlight,

You all start with $100 000

Does this mean Nico now has $1317 000?

regards

bobc

When you open the demo acct you start with 100k. You can then add or withdraw funds if it suits you. So, you can start the contest with 500k or 1k or whatever you like.

first contest I forgot to adjust that started with 100k..had hard time to manage lot sizes since I never traded with that much money :rofl:

Edited by Obsidian