Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

ant

Nasdaq5048: Bars Back that Price Occurred

Nasdaq5048,

The following indicator draws a trendline between 2 bars for each price that they have in common. Is this what you're trying to do?

variables:
TickSize( MinMove / PriceScale ),
Price( 0 ),
TLID( 0 );

if CurrentBar > 2 then
begin
Price = Low;

while Price <= High
begin
	if Price >= Low[1] and Price <= High[1] then	
		TLID = TL_NEW(Date[1], Time[1], Price, Date, Time, Price);

Price = Price + TickSize;
end;
end;

Thanks Ant,

This is what i am looking for. I wrote something like this with a long list of array, this is much more CPU efficient.

A couple of questions:

1) What statement should i add if i only want to print the lines from the last bar? and i dont want any history. I tried if lastbaronchart = false then TL_Delete(TLID) and it doesnt work. And i think using the lastbaronchart function will require manual refresh. Is there a way to make it only draw the latest bar and delete everything before the latest bar?

2) It is perfectly what i am looking for on a 5 min chart. When i apply this to the 5000 contracts / bar chart on the ES, it still only plot the first bar when there are multiple bars within the same time. The thought that i have in the other theard is, can we get the TL_new to plot in every bars on the volume chart even they have the same time by adding the IF statement in front of the TL_new.

If time[5] = high[5] then TLID.......

say for example, there are 4 bars with the same time and with different high or different close. It doesnt matter, just something different so we can distinglish the bar we want to plot within the same time.

So, the IF statement could find the right bar (5 bars ago in this case) even bar[6] or bar[7] has the same time.

This is something that i havent tried or dont know how to try. I am just thinking this logic might be able to get around "Tradestation only considers the first bar in a series of bars that starts at the same time."

Again, i would really appreciate your help.

Never mind also to the only plot last bar thing. As i look into the code, it will probably need a loop to look back for how many bars to plot since it is only design to plot the trendline 1 bar back.

I am perfectly happy with the way it is now. Thanks a lot!

I hope others could make use of this code too because i found it very useful to determine the choppyness of the current market. Better than ADX in my opinion just by looking how bars has the current price been repeated