Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

MadMarketScientist

Best September in 71 Years

Ok, really who saw that coming on August 31st?

The stock market posts its best September in 7 decades?

All I remember was tremendous amount of doom and gloom. My inbox was stuffed with market prophets telling me I should prepare for dark days, stock up on water and food for the storm cellar and be prepared to live through a depression.

Then September rolls around and defies all odds and expectations and performs really solidly.

Out of the woods yet?

Most of us laughed, me included when the reports came in that the recession had actually ended some time ago, but that's the way these things work - when there is any economic growth, no matter how slim.

Now the question is -- does October continue to defy all the prognosticators or does reality come crashing down?

This is one of the reasons why I try to stay away from fundamental analysis of the markets. I find it difficult to predict and do my best to trust the technicals, fully knowing that even those will be wrong 30% - 40% of the time -- the trick is being right the other portion and capitalizing on it.

No matter what I'd rather make my money in trading with the markets on the way up, not on the way down -- but I'll short and sell as needed.

Good luck to all in October!

MMS

:No one knows what the future holds. It is quite possible that the market is manipulated. Sometimes the market reaction to the news is opposite to the message, or maybe the public is too jittery.

What I see on today's candle, is almost a shooting star. Combined with a bit of profit taking, isn't it possible that the market will back off for a few days? That would be nice, because my 401K is bored not being in a trade. :haha: