Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Kiwi

So, Has the Bear Pullback Completed?

Now, I never predict the market. In my trading now I use S&R + faded Fibs to buy or sell retracements with the trend. Boring and pleasantly consistent.

But this weekend I was looking at the long term dow and I popped the fibs on it and noticed it had reversed nicely this week off the 61.8% retrace of the big drop. And S&P was not far off the same set of numbers.

I had originally thought this was a bear market bounce and, based on the biggest in recent history, 1929, I thought it wouldn't last more than 9 months so Christmas came and went and I thought "either its not a bear or its longer and thus probably bigger than 1929."

Well to fib fans, when price retraces, you don't expect it to close solidly beyond 61.8% if it is only a retracement. So if this is only a retracement then maybe price will poke beyond last weeks highs but it shouldn't stay there long and shouldn't beat it by too much.

So, shall we sell in may and go away? :2c:

PS. Note that I am a strong believer in the "if there are lots of predictions of a top on ET then it will keep going up." And this weekend they seem absent. Hmmm.

attachment.php?attachmentid=20863&stc=1&d=1272864596

Hmmmm.thumb.png.334def4d909ec74b2c4391eebfbddd9f.png

PS. Note that I am a strong believer in the "if there are lots of predictions of a top on ET then it will keep going up." And this weekend they seem absent. Hmmm..

Interesting concept for an automated system ;-)

Agreed gooni. I note that ET is today showing zero worry.

So, does anything have an opinion on the basic suggestion: if these markets don't turn around this price and within a month or two then the bear is over - but this is a great point for it to resume!

And we even have a baby head and shoulders that broke today to point back to in a few weeks if it holds ...

Edited by Kiwi
realized their was even a nice pattern

And there are people who don't get a warm feeling when they hear the word Fibonacci?

Sitting in Australia watching fat happy people buying flat screens with their $950 handouts I never believed that this correction had run to the end. China is going to save us (Aus is on the end of the supply chain) so all that happened was the Govt Deficit went up up up. So my target is new lows until the 20 year credit balloon is corrected.

But to be honest I'll trade whatever I see - targets are just a mechanism for take profits.

kw4.gif

Funny how a trade error can find support :)

(Given everyone assumes the massive spike down over night was an error)

Agree China is saving Aust, I hope China has a bust of some sorts as I would like to buy some bargains around the place as part of a 20 year long term plan on the close of a crash day (20% plus). (mind you if it became like the Asian crisis of 1997 - down 20% one day, and bouncing the next I would not complain about that either!) spoke to a few bearish traders from some of the big houses last night..... they are loving it.....but now they are sitting on shorts they are itching to buy them back and lock in profits even though they are mega bearish. Let the volatility continue!