Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

oleg

3 Questions for Pros

Hi Pros!

I am designing automated trading software and I have some problem to understand Professional Traders’ mentality…

I publish my trades online in real-time. The results are fairly profitable (20-40%/week), but the first think I hear is “Do you have a back-testing result?”

The second question is always: “If the software is so good, why do you sell it?”

My answer to that is very simple: I trade, and I do what I do best – developing systems. Furthermore, I do not share the view that systems must be “top level” secret because the more traders use them the more reliable outcome will be (collective trading).

So, here are my questions:

1. Does it mean that hypothetical result of back-testing is more reliable and important than what you can see in real-time?

2. My tools is available for free, but download rate is about 0.5% of visitors, is “Free” scaring people?

3. What is your ideal of automated trading apps?

Thanks for your time.

Oleg Skoptsev

Hi Pros!

So, here are my questions:

1. Does it mean that hypothetical result of back-testing is more reliable and important than what you can see in real-time?

2. My tools is available for free, but download rate is about 0.5% of visitors, is “Free” scaring people?

3. What is your ideal of automated trading apps?

1 - no but it shows how the strategy may work over many different types of markets and instruments. Nothing works all the time - people want to at least gauge the drawdowns and volatility of returns.

2 - there is lots of free info on the internet yet still people look for more.

3 - one that makes money and I dont do anything......thats normally called a money manager.

Only 20-40% per week?

That's probably why no one is downloading - who wants those horrendous returns?

:roll eyes:

Maybe people visiting your site realize that 20-40% per week is not sustainable, achievable, realistic, etc. etc.

Only 20-40% per week?

That's probably why no one is downloading - who wants those horrendous returns?

:roll eyes:

Maybe people visiting your site realize that 20-40% per week is not sustainable, achievable, realistic, etc. etc.

Have I mention that these are REAL-TIME result? As well as PL, Enter Time/Price.

And you can see PL update in REAL-TIME(5 sec delay).

:)

found your site nice profits however I cant afford the price. Great results have you had any loses since 11/17/09? it doesnt look like it from the spread sheet

Perhaps you found my Pro site. I'll publish a link on my web to the new one there is a free stuff

.......... .......... ROTFLMAO

why is life so predictable?

And to our perpetual surprise we agree despite locations and nationalities.

As did Phineas T. Barnum.

found your site nice profits however I cant afford the price. Great results have you had any loses since 11/17/09? it doesnt look like it from the spread sheet

It's done.(link)

What you found that is exactly what most of you want - training, back and forward test results... And the reaction ... the same.

So, you have a back-test and ...

BTW: tere are results for 286 days and each trade by minute, you can check the prices.

In regard of spread sheet: do you really think that it is possible to put manually almost 146000 records with exact pricing?

Sincerely,

Oleg

It's done.(link)

What you found that is exactly what most of you want - training, back and forward test results... And the reaction ... the same.

BTW: tere are results for 286 days and each trade by minute, you can check the prices.

In regard of spread sheet: do you really think that it is possible to put manually almost 146000 records with exact pricing?

Sincerely,

Oleg

Of course....

If your trading is automated, so are the results. Enough of this "manually" nonsense. You ought to know how to take your data and format it for Excel...

That's if you have any real data, that is...:rofl:

It's done.(link)

Sincerely,

Oleg

do I read it correctly? that's more than 500 trades per day?

what is your commission to net profit ratio?

do I read it correctly? that's more than 500 trades per day?

Yes, it is correct and speech goes about Professional systems based on biologically inspierd AI.

It uses up to 10 strategies that trade up to 10 contracts per strategy.

So it is not a lot ...

Yes, it is correct and speech goes about Professional systems based on biologically inspierd AI.

It uses up to 10 strategies that trade up to 10 contracts per strategy.

So it is not a lot ...

10 strategies?

that's more than 50 trades per strategy per day !

There are a few (just a few) gambling touts with winning systems that sell their picks because in the gambling arena there is a limit on how much cash/credit one person can obtain. In addition, if you constantly beat the book, then you ultimately get shut off and have to resort to using beards. Quite the pain in the ass.

There are no such limits in trading, and you can get down as much on a trade as you want. If it has been a successful system, then you should not have a cash issue.

I call bullshit, though I am hoping this thread will provide some entertainment.

10 strategies?

that's more than 50 trades per strategy per day !

In this case per/trade ratio is $143.64 and usually round treep cost is about $5.

scenariotrader_report.jpg

This is an example of my training,back and forward testing reports.

And comming back to the original question what info you can get from this almost perfect result which is the purpose of the system training?

It was trained do not make mistakes?

Edited by oleg

In this case per/trade ratio is $143.64 and usually round treep cost is about $5.

And comming back to the original question what info you can get from this almost perfect result which is the purpose of the system training?

thank you for your info.

I have many inquisitive questions, I hope you don't think I am trying to be sarcastic.

I don't understand your answer, I don't know if you are trying to beat around the bush, or don't think my question is important enough to give a straight answer.

As Judge Judy would say, "mmm" is not an answer.

What I am interested to know, and I think it is a fair question, is out of the trading sample you gave... how much net profits were there, and how much commission did you pay to obtain those profits. In simpler terms, what is the commission-to-profit ratio?

Most people don't worry much about commissions,

Maybe you don't either.

But in a system trading environment, the commission can make or break your deal.

Most high frequency systems pay as much in commission as their profits.

Some pay more to the broker then their banker.

This is not to insinuate a system is good or bad because of the commission they pay.

This is merely a question.

However, if you are not confident about your system, you might want to circumvent my innocent inquiry,

because I am sure you are aware, that your answer will lead to more questions...

questions which you might not be willing, or prepared to answer.

thank you for your info.

I don't understand your answer, I don't know if you are trying to beat around the bush, or don't think my question is important enough to give a straight answer.

Dear Tams,

I was under impression that the picture will speek for itself... and answer all your questions...

net profit per trade is : $143.60- $5 = $138.60 ...

I doubt it.

He still hasn't addressed whether or not he could have his software output the data records into a format easily imported into Excel.

Since its his website and software, I should think he would be able to take care of this basic requirement as well.

Quite perfunctory for a software developer like Oleg, I should think.

scenariotrader_report.jpg

if it was trained to not make mistakes,

and your commission-to-profit ratio is only 3.6% [edited for typo]

and you traded 510 contracts per day !!!

how come the profit is only 20-40% per WEEK ???

what is your MAE to profit ratio ?

Edited by Tams

I doubt it.

He still hasn't addressed whether or not he could have his software output the data records into a format easily imported into Excel.

That is exactly my point...

Why should I export it to Excel? To see the equity curve?

There is no drawdowns... System is trained do not have them...

So, the back-test does not answers your questions...

And, what are doubt? Result you see?

This is a reason why I am trying to disuss the solution.

Where is it?

Edited by oleg