Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

minoo

Lapfit Monitor

Not sure of the significance of this product unless your laptop does not have an external monitor port? Most laptops nowadays support a second monitor anyway. I have probably missed something :)

I think the big deal is that it appears to connect to your computer via USB. Otherwise, nothing special, really.:missy:

Yes that's what I concluded but as laptops have monitor ports that is academic. Do netbooks? maybe it is targeted at them?

Hi Guys

The big factor for me is that its a external monitor which is Portable, which I can pack with my laptop and Go. Convenience that you can attach multiple of them through USB in Serial or Parallel is a Big Plus for my setup when travelling or if you have to make regular visits abroad.

For the more techy minded, download its user guide from samsung site to review; Below is some more to quickly read from one of the reviews

Enjoy Minoo

+------------------------+

The LD220G has the added benefit of USB connectivity with Samsung’s UbiSync technology, which allows users to quickly plug-in and manage multiple monitors without using additional video cards or changing system settings. The LD220G also serves as a USB hub to attach additional UbiSync monitors or peripherals.

Weighing less than 10 pounds and possessing an integrated kickstand, the Lapfit maintains a thin profile taking up minimal space on the desk or on the go. While the uneven positioning of most external monitors can cause eye or neck strain, the Lapfit’s low profile remains level with the notebook, creating a more convenient view in addition to the benefit of multiple monitors. The adjustable stand can tilt from 10 to 40 degrees to match the laptop screen’s angle.

Hi Guys

The big factor for me is that its a external monitor which is Portable,....

Ahh OK gotcha. Mind you most pannells are about the same size but it looks like this has nice rounded edges and presumably it is a bit more robust and available with a padded bag.

To get back to your original question samsung are pretty nice monitors at the price. Montors in general seem to vary model to model. At 75 quid it's hard to go wrong I reckon :)

Samsung have let themselves down with the sort of Chinglish problem I haven't seen for a few years now ... see the bottom pictures on the first link:

"Aspect radio not controlled"

Now does the radio come free with the screen? Funny though.