Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

emg

Emini S&P 500 Day Trading Journal

After yesterday's big trend up today seems to be having trouble finding a direction -- here's some TF trades attached (Russell emini) and yesterday was a dream -- can't remember the last time on these charts had a trade that went 5 points and 8 points trailing, followed by another long trade that went 5 more points. However today you can see it's a sideways up and down, tried short once so far didn't work. Almost always seems to happen after a big move day prior.

attachment.php?attachmentid=22387&stc=1&d=1285081495

TF.jpg.dbe90379d785ae7d2ad7b05f56fefa5f.jpg

You could create a blog, and post your trading journal there instead of the forum. I wish Traders Laboratory had a database tool, for logging data, posting profit/loss, and calculating win/loss rate and rate of return.

Tradewinds,

That would be a really nice idea.

It is something we can look into though I'm not 100% sure how many would actually use it on a regular basis. Having worked with traders for many years it's really hard to get people to be disciplined about logging. Usually lasts a few days or a couple weeks and that's it.

MMS

Having worked with traders for many years it's really hard to get people to be disciplined about logging. Usually lasts a few days or a couple weeks and that's it.

MMS

And I'm guilty of that myself. Getting hyped up about doing something that seems like a great idea, and then realizing that it's work. :frustrated:

But, it wouldn't be much work to download the trades from my platform, then upload a .csv file to a database in the group. My trades are logged automatically in my trading platform, and I can export the data. That way there would be no real data entry. Just data exporting, importing. And that data would be an objective way for people to decide whether what I'm doing is hype or real. ;)