Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

bobajob

MP Supplier Options

HI - I am soon to have an account with Interactive Brokers.

I would like to trade intraday off Market Profile or Volume Profile charts made up of 15 minute profiles - with TPOs of either 1 minute but ideally 30 seconds.

Does anybody know if this is available out there - and if possible whether it can be teamed with the data feed of interactive brokers?

I think ATrader might be an option for me.

Many thanks.

I think NinjaTrader and MarketDelta software might meet your requirements with IB connectivity. I don't use either fwiw so each will have slightly different charting capabilities. MarketDelta should provide the charting you require.

linnsoft.com

ensignsoftware.com volume profile only...

ninjatrader with fin-alg

I would roll with IRT from linnsoft.com, same as Market Delta without the Bid/Ask Footprint...

I am using Sierra Charts, in the latest pre release they are slowly getting there!!!

Amazing support, listening alot to the users and actions in order to improve the software all the time.

but do they do MP ???

investor RT looks pretty good to me - I might go with that or just use the API with IB. I had already created an MP program in excel to do realtime charts using OpenTick. It should be pretty simple to modify it for IB. The main reason to do it is to get sub-minute TPOs which don't seem to be available in other platforms. Plus I have been using my simulator software in excel for a while and the move to realtime trading would be less of a change.

Thanks

boba,

With Investor/RT's Profilel Indicator ( Investor/RT - Volume Breakdown Indicator ) you can create time-based profiles (MP) using TPOs of any number of seconds down to 1. Actually, you can make TPOS out of any number of ticks, volume, rangebars, PNF....any periodicity can be used as the underlying bars/TPOs for the Profile indicator....it just uses the bars in the chart. Example below using 30 second bars on ES. The bars are shaded based on volume although they are built on time.

Images | ChartHub.com

30SecondTPOs.png