Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

The Henk

Inside Bar Indicator?

Hi

I am wondering if there is an Inside Bar indicator or CCC Indicator for Tradestation that works in the Radar Screen?

What im basically am looking for is an indicator which on a daily chart tells me if there has been an Inside bar or an CCC in any of the 20-30 pairs that im watching through the Radar Screen.

I have been trying to code one myself in Easy Language but unfortunate my skills are not good enough to get it to work...

If anyone can point me in the right direction I would be a VERY happy man.

Thank you for the quick response!

Im looking for something similar, I do however want it to work in the Radar Screen which this one does not.

It could be anything, just plot a point or anything there when there is an Inside Bar so that it draws my attention to that pair, doesn't necessarily need to do anything fancy etc...

just modify the stock tradestation one and add "LastBarOnChart" to the if then statement...

so it would look something like this (in fact, this should work):

if High < High[1] and Low > Low[1] and LastBarOnChart then 
begin
Plot1( Close, "IB", red);
Alert("IB Pending");
end
else
NoPlot( 1 ); 

That should work in radar screen so that if the last bar that closed is an inside bar it should populate the closing price of the asset and alert you.

Cheers!

Hi Daedalus.

That is very similar to what I wrote, I could not get it work properly though.

What Im looking for is very similar to this, I would however like to have the choice of getting indications on both 1 Inside Bar and when there are numerous Inside Bars, the price etc is not important id rather just have a text that says IB or something in the Radar Screen.

Also at the moment its indicating whenever there is an inside bar at this very moment which is not necessary. Since im planning on using this for a daily chart I just need notification whenever a bar has closed and not when its about to close.

All the help is very much appreciated!!

well if you want multiple inside bars, just add an additional if then that compares further bars back....

if High < High[1] and Low > Low[1] and High[1] < High[2] and Low[1] > Low[2]and LastBarOnChart then 

That statement would check to see if the last two consecutive bars were both IB's.

Just change the alerts to whatever you want. Then make sure you set the indicator in radarscreen to NOT update tick-by-tick. Then it will be default only calculate on each bar's close.

Hi

Whenever I add that extra line I get absolutely nothing in my tradestation, im not very good at Easy Language and I am probably doing something wrong. You dont by any chance have the full code I need?

Hi

Whenever I add that extra line I get absolutely nothing in my tradestation, im not very good at Easy Language and I am probably doing something wrong. You dont by any chance have the full code I need?

what do you mean by " get absolutely nothing" ?

what have you added?

how did you add it?

what did you apply to? how?

Hi

Ive written the "code" given by daedulus in easy language, verified it but im not sure its functioning the way I want it to because im not getting any indications on any pair on any time frame (at least not on the charts), on the radar screen I am getting "quotes" whenever there is an inside bar (I guess)...

Im am however really rubbish at easy language so im probably doing something wrong.

Edited by The Henk

Hi

Ive written the "code" given by daedulus in easy language, verified it but im not sure its functioning the way I want it to because im not getting any indications on any pair on any time frame (at least not on the charts), on the radar screen I am getting "quotes" whenever there is an inside bar (I guess)...

Im am however really rubbish at easy language so im probably doing something wrong.

if you wants a discussion... which would benefit ALL readers,

I am all for it.

Unfort its on my other computer, im writing this of my laptop.

It is however exactly what you gave me plus what was already in the "inside bar" indicator from trade station, I havent added any code myself.

Ok to make things easier to explain ive done this picture showing exactly what Im looking for.

Basically what I want to do is to trade a simple daily inside bar break out strategy, I would however like to "scan" the market using the Radar Screen since these trades dont come to often.

20100127-macg1tipfhbui8w86kyg1st96t.jpg

As you see on the picture id like a indicator which not only plots the high and lof of the IB but also how many bars ago it was plotted on the radar screen.

If possible I would like to add CCC to this too, so that it plots a CCC and how many bars ago this were.

So what do you guys think? Is this possible? How much coding is needed?

What do you guys think of the idea?

Edited by The Henk

Ok to make things easier to explain ive done this picture showing exactly what Im looking for.

Basically what I want to do is to trade a simple daily inside bar break out strategy, I would however like to "scan" the market using the Radar Screen since these trades dont come to often.

20100127-macg1tipfhbui8w86kyg1st96t.jpg

As you see on the picture id like a indicator which not only plots the high and lof of the IB but also how many bars ago it was plotted on the radar screen.

If possible I would like to add CCC to this too, so that it plots a CCC and how many bars ago this were.

So what do you guys think? Is this possible? How much coding is needed?

What do you guys think of the idea?

is it possible? --- YES

how much coding ? --- not a lot... not a little either.

BUT... before you begin anything,

you have to have clarity of what you want....

make up your mind -- Radarscreen? or Chart?

which is which?

... and how they work with each other.

if you don't understand the difference,

give your user manual an easy over...

it would help to speed up your project.

Edited by Tams

Ok, well Ive found an indicator which basically plots what I want on a chart but I havent found one that works on the radar screen which is what Im after. Basically I want to be able to watch multiple pairs in an easy way and when there is a possibility of a trade to give that specific pair more attention.

My coding experience is minimal, I have done the basic tutorials etc but unfortunately there is no way that I can even remotely know how to code an indicator like this, so any help or directions on where to look would be highly appreciated!

Hi, that would be fantastic!

Basically this "Price Action Trainer" by TAMS does what I want, even though its not graphically as pleasing but thats just cosmetics.

Ive added the "code" underneath.

-----------------

// Price Action Trainer

// Version: beta 0.1

// Author: TAMS

// License: Public Domain

//

// Description:

// This indicator reads the Price Action as the market unfolds

// it then prints the following action names on the screen:

// ib = Inside Bar

// FTP = Flat Top Pennant

// fbp = flat bottom pennant

// ccc = congestion, convergence, centering

//

Input:

text_col(red),

TL_offset(1),

text_offset(.25);

Variables:

id.tl (0),

id.txt (0),

old_id(0),

ccc(0),

id.tl.top(0),

id.tl.bot(0),

inside(false),

insidebar(false);

inside = high <= high[1] and low >= low[1];

insidebar = high < high[1] and low > low[1];

ccc = 0;

{== CCC ==}

if inside[1] and inside then

begin

ccc = 1;

old_id = id.tl ;

if old_id <> -1 then

begin

id.tl = tl_delete( old_id );

text_delete( id.txt );

end;

id.tl= tl_new( date,time[1], high + TL_offset , date, time[1], high + TL_offset * 2 );

id.txt = Text_New( Date, Time[1], h+ tl_offset * 2.5, "CCC" );

Text_SetStyle( id.txt, 2, 1 );

Text_SetColor( id.txt, text_col );

id.tl.top = tl_new( date, time[2], high[2], date, time, high[2] );

id.tl.bot = tl_new( date, time[2], low[2], date, time, low[2] );

end;

{== NON CCC begins ===}

if ccc = 0 then

begin

{== FBP ==}

if high < high[1] and low = low[1] then

begin

id.tl = tl_new( date, time, high + TL_offset, date, time, high + TL_offset * 2 );

id.txt = Text_New( Date, Time, high + TL_offset * 2.5, "fbp" );

Text_SetColor( id.txt, text_col);

id.tl.top = tl_new( date, time[1], high[1], date, time, high );

end

else

{== FTP ==}

if high = high[1] and low > low[1] then

begin

id.tl= tl_new( date, time, high + TL_offset , date, time, high + TL_offset * 2 );

id.txt = Text_New( Date, Time, high + TL_offset * 2.5, "FTP");

Text_SetStyle( id.txt, 2, 1);

id.tl.bot = tl_new( date, time[1], low[1], date, time, low );

end

else

{== InsideBar ==}

if insidebar then

begin

id.tl= tl_new( date, time, high + TL_offset, date, time, high + TL_offset * 2 );

id.txt = Text_New( Date, Time, high + TL_offset * 2.5, "ib" );

id.tl.top = tl_new( date, time[1], high[1], date, time, high );

id.tl.bot = tl_new( date, time[1], low[1], date, time, low );

end;

end;

Hi, that would be fantastic!

Basically this "Price Action Trainer" by TAMS does what I want, even though its not graphically as pleasing but thats just cosmetics.

Ive added the "code" underneath....end;

this is nothing like the chart you posted, LOL

have a nice day.

Well, it might not look the same but what it does is plot the Inside Bars etc and thats what I want. The TAMS do plot some other stuff which is not that important to me.

What Im looking for is inside bars and ccc.

Has anyone got an idea of an indicator or anything? I need something for my "longer" trades... My scalping is going great but I want to do some longer trades when I dont have time to stare at the screens all day...

Even though its for a good cause with the charity and all im gonna have to pass on the offer.

Im still testing out the Tradestation software, im solely gonna use it for analysis since I place all my trades at an ECN broker which Tradestation (Gain) is not and unless I find a long term system I can be consistently profitable in, im not going to spend $500 plus whatever the Tradestation is per month just to try something out, this is just an idea I have, I dont have a clue if its any good etc...