Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Cory2679

Please Help!!: NinjaTrader/Gain - Missing Data

Hi,

I use NinjaTrader with the Gain data feed to monitor my spot forex charts.

Periodically, I'll open the charts and the last x number of hours of data is missing.

It doesn't happen very often...not even every week. However, it's still a nuisance. Plus, reloading NinjaTrader will not solve the problem...I just have to live with it.

I've attached two images...the first of the Ninja chart with the missing data, then another chart showing the data that is missing.

Has anyone else ever had this problem? Is there a solution?

Thanks,

Cory

EJ15M.JPG.9cda4d9ff9bea180f4ae0ce8c357000d.JPG

EJ15M2.thumb.jpg.af73e8c52bce89897b10ef0e5545465a.jpg

Edited by Cory2679

After resetting my computer a couple times, this is the best I could get it.

It's "better" for trading since the most recent price action is visible, but it's still missing about 12 hours of data from a while back...

EJ15M3.JPG.427a792c7b268202137c0089e80d44d5.JPG

Edited by Cory2679

After resetting my computer a couple times, this is the best I could get it.

It's "better" for trading since the most recent price action is visible, but it's still missing about 12 hours of data from a while back...

Does this happen always at the same hour?

Gabe

Thanks, everyone, for the replies...

Try posting at Ninja support under the "connecting" forum:

You might want to try to repair the database first: tools - Options - Misc - Repair database (you have to disconnect all connections first).

I have made a post over at that forum and am in conversation with one of the guys.

Repairing the database didn't help.

Does this happen always at the same hour?

Gabe

I don't think so, but ya know, I'm not 100% sure.

Try Tools > Options > Misc. > Reset instruments or database. I had a problem connecting to zen-fire two days ago and i fixed it by resetting the database. Could work for you.

Thanks, but it didn't help.

-----

Over at the Ninja forum, the guy had me disconnect and reset my modem and computer and everything...didn't help.

Now he's having me check my firewall/antivirus settings.

Well, it appears this may just be something I'l have to live with for the time being.

I wasn't able to find a solution via the NinjaTrader forum:

Please Help!!: NinjaTrader/Gain - Missing Data - NinjaTrader Support Forum

I anticipate getting a new computer and moving sometime in 2010, so maybe that will fix the problem.

It's REALLY rare that it happens, so I'm not too worried about going to the ends of the earth for a solution...

-Cory

Hey Cory, Don't Panic. :D

All you need to do is right-click on the chart and "Reload Historical Data" [or press Ctrl+Shift+R].

Be warned that the exact time when this problem occurs, the Reloading option will be greyed. Just wait an hour, restart Ninja, and it should be available. :)

Well, as of this morning, the gap was still on my chart from yesterday's missing data, so I clicked "reload historical data" and the gap's gone!!

I do remember the option being greyed...I didn't realize you could wait and later it would be available.

Thanks so much for you help!!

-Cory

Well, as of this morning, the gap was still on my chart from yesterday's missing data, so I clicked "reload historical data" and the gap's gone!!

I do remember the option being greyed...I didn't realize you could wait and later it would be available.

Thanks so much for you help!!

-Cory

"reload historical data" will be greyed out when/if you are not connected.

(via File/Connect).

Connect first.

You can then select this option and the chart will be backfilled.

"Repair Data Base" should be done when not connected.

HTH