Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

hunter1

Tradestation Coding Help Showing Indicator from One Time Frame on Another Chart

I am a bit hopelss at coding. My question is twofold.

First is it possible n TS to take an indicator from a longer time frame chart,in this case a 6765 volume chart and show it on a faster chart, in this case a 2400 volume chart?

If this is possible could someone please explain how to do it or where might I find the information on how to do it.

Thanks in advance.

General answer ... 3 basic options

GV = Global Variable

ELC/ADE = EasyLanguageCollections/All data everywhere

Code in the 2400 chart that calculates indicator based on 6765 instead of 2400

(if you were using time bars, 4th option - you could use Data1 and Data2, etc)

See TS Support forum for how to 's on all the above...

Don't really have enough info about your situation but ADE is probably your best long term solution for this. hth

Thanks zdo . Yes Tams that looks like what i am trying to do. want to have a stoch from the 6765 show on the 2400 in real time. will give the elc/ade a whirl although i am quite sad when coding. thanks for the direction both of you.

Good day all,

I am new to the forum and have read a number of the posts for MC and TS. I was looking for a more appropriate place to ask this question, but TAMS you have a very good knowledge of the platforms I am grappling with.

I have read that TS is ok for charting but not trading. I have an application that must run on either TS or MC, so I am told. If I go the MC path, what is the best and least expensive means to obtain it; I see costs all over the spectrum? Is MC Gold the next step in there development? Any insights you and the other members can share would be appreciated.

Regards, K y

Good day all,

I am new to the forum and have read a number of the posts for MC and TS. I was looking for a more appropriate place to ask this question, but TAMS you have a very good knowledge of the platforms I am grappling with.

I have read that TS is ok for charting but not trading. I have an application that must run on either TS or MC, so I am told. If I go the MC path, what is the best and least expensive means to obtain it; I see costs all over the spectrum? Is MC Gold the next step in there development? Any insights you and the other members can share would be appreciated.

Regards, K y

you should start a new thread instead of hijacking this one.

TradeStation is good for charting AND trading.

MultiCharts is good. The price is right, the customer service is first rated.