Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

MoreYummy

Which Company Has Fast, Reliable Data to Trade HK Future, Emini in Asia Countries?

Which company has fast, reliable data to trade HK future, emini in asia countries?

So is there anyone trading S&P emini in asia?

Since its so far away, the connection speed, and reliability is a big issue.

you are quick to reply.

Actually im using IB, forgot to post need a broker other than IB.

The reason is IB's data are all snap shot, i need some realtime data tick by tick.

So you are using IB for asia future?

Yea i know.

But the main issue is how is the speed when im accessing the data from CME when im oversea, like HK, japan.

So a company serving that region and has S&P should be better. Or someone trading it in asia should know better.

I'd say re-conciser IB. Do you really need to see every single tick? Very few trading techniques really do. Even if you prefer constant tick charts by selecting a slightly lower value for the constant number of ticks you can get charts that look pretty much the same. Of course if you are doing some sort of advanced order book analytics then you might really need an un aggregated feed. IB data is aggregated rather than snapshot so you get to see every contract traded, so constant volume charts are fine with IB data.

Im also slightly confused do you want to trade HK futures from around the world or do you want to trade CME products from Asia? Sounds like both. IB is a great solution anyway having major computer centres in North America, Europe, and Asia. You can set up TWS to connect to which you prefer.

...The reason is IB's data are all snap shot, i need some realtime data tick by tick.

Show me ONE broker or datafeed that does not use snap shot.

... even the exchange aggregate their data. LOL

CME "improved" the aggregate rate recently, and sent everybody into a tail spin.

the HSI future is trading at 150~300 contracts per minute,

I don't think there is enough volume for them to aggregate. LOL

hehehe actually its more like does it trade more than 2 in 200ms as that is more like the granularity they aggregate at. Of course if the issue is trading CME products in asia (which does not seem his original intent though he talks about this too) then a different issue again.

IB streams a minimum of 3 packets a second...

many brokers/datafeed are doing no better,

but because they don't disclose their aggregation,

nobody makes it an issue.

p.s. I am not sure what the OP meant...

trading North American emini while locating at an Asian country?

or trading emini product of an asia exchange from Toronto.

IB streams a minimum of 3 packets a second...

many brokers/datafeed are doing no better,

but because they don't disclose their aggregation,

nobody makes it an issue.

p.s. I am not sure what the OP meant...

trading North American emini while locating at an Asian country?

or trading emini product of an asia exchange from Toronto.

Last I looked it actually panned out at about 5 per second. Really the question is would you prefer timely data or complete data? I have not used e$ignal for probably a couple of years now but back then if the market was 'fast' it would get backed up maybe as much as 30 seconds. Of course technology moves on at a pace and things that where an issue then are probably not any more.

Last I looked it actually panned out at about 5 per second. Really the question is would you prefer timely data or complete data? I have not used e$ignal for probably a couple of years now but back then if the market was 'fast' it would get backed up maybe as much as 30 seconds. Of course technology moves on at a pace and things that where an issue then are probably not any more.

even eSig aggregates its data...

it is disclosed in the fine print.

;-)

You are right, i want to trade HK future and cme emini from north american as well as in hongkong, japan.

From my understanding IB did say they update the quote in snapshot of a few times per second. I compare IB"s tick chart and others, such as esignal, and thinkorswim, they are different. Even the others didnt disclose how they update the data, so safe to assume they "tried" to show all tick,volume. The most important, my style works using the later 2's data when trading CME 's future.

Perhaps you are right that they all "snapshot" one way or another, just the definition of snapshot is different.. :D

I havent really compared the HK future using IB and others, since I dont trade it much. Maybe you are right since it has "less" volume compare to other. IB's way to delivery data might not be significantly different from others. Need to watch it for a while.

Thanks for info, if you suddenly have another broker come up in your mind, let me know. :rofl:

I was using esignal for various asian futures and found it no issue for me. The speed was fine. How fast do you need it?

I dont have a specific speed minimum, as long as it is suitable for trading. I probably going to test with current data brokers and see what happens, or have IB changed to HK"s server when in asia.

Btw im trying to find out if trading away from their original future exchange would make it slower, or still acceptable. Of course I dont expect they have same speed, even though they travel in the speed of light. Since I havent done it often enough to see the differences if any, so any personal experience is useful.

thanks.

I doubt you can find another broker with IB's

international penetration

and product coverage

and technical superiority

and customer service

AND financial stability.

this world isn't that big.

Or I could use a company for each different future contract.

Going to do some research to find if other less well known companies to do the same.

How come all the replies are from a username with Bold, and different colored username...

Are they all moderator or frequently reply/creating thread?

and product coverage

and customer service

AND financial stability.

forgotten to mention the multi-currency account

and cheap commission

;-)>

Or I could use a company for each different future contract.

Going to do some research to find if other less well known companies to do the same.

How come all the replies are from a username with Bold, and different colored username...

Are they all moderator or frequently reply/creating thread?

they all look the same to me

and product coverage

and customer service

AND financial stability.

I agree with all the rest, but don't think it would be hard to find another broker with better customer service. Fortunately, you don't need a lot of customer service with IB, but when you do, it is pretty much non existent.