Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

IbisCane

Starting from Scratch... Literally!

Respect your views and still too raw to comment on it.

But one thing i have observed in myself is that when it comes to sim trading the emotions dont come into play. I tried a method on paper first and worked fine (a short time though) and then when i traded with money it went all haywire and i made a lot of mistakes even when aware i was making them.

Maybe i didnt sim trade long enough or just the wrong turn in market...

Respect your views and still too raw to comment on it.

But one thing i have observed in myself is that when it comes to sim trading the emotions dont come into play. I tried a method on paper first and worked fine (a short time though) and then when i traded with money it went all haywire and i made a lot of mistakes even when aware i was making them.

Maybe i didnt sim trade long enough or just the wrong turn in market...

Within this forum is something called "the Acid Test"

In order to pass that test many of your trading actions are going to have to be correct.

Sim can not duplicate the emotional content of cash trading, but if you shift your focus to performance based, then you can get a good idea of how you are doing technically, and money management wise, whether your method matches your personality, and quite a few important issues that can be dealt with without risking your real cash.

Keeping a detailed journal for the test is extremely important also. The ability to control yourself while trading is impossible if you do not recognize yourself while trading.

If you cannot pass the test...well then you need to find out why. So, keep that journal as precise and comprehensive as possible. It may be the best way to understand that person who is actually doing the trading.