Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

jrc-eng

Average VWAP

I just joined this forum. I got a lot of information from here and good indicators. VWAP indicator is very good. However, I think it will be very good if we could have an average VWAP for at least 5 days of trading. 5 days of averaging will give us a true understanding where the price/share ratio is. If any one can come out with an idea or code for TS, please share with us.

If any one is for the challenge, would it be possible to make a variable input to select how many days?

I just joined this forum. I got a lot of information from here and good indicators. VWAP indicator is very good. However, I think it will be very good if we could have an average VWAP for at least 5 days of trading. 5 days of averaging will give us a true understanding where the price/share ratio is. If any one can come out with an idea or code for TS, please share with us.

If any one is for the challenge, would it be possible to make a variable input to select how many days?

Why do you say that 5 days will give a true understanding of where the price/share ratio is? Why 5 days and not 3 or 10?

The platform is TS (tradestation). The reason behind 5 days or more average vwap is because you will be able to see from previous days where the vwap for the intraday will be incompare with the previous average days. If you are a long, you do not want to buy above the average vwap. Buying between the intraday vwap and average vwap should not be a good idea in my opinion. Anyway, the number of days to look back could be an input on the indicator that you can set (i.e. 3 or 5 or 7 or 10, etc). If they can post the Ninja trader indicator on a text form to see of it can be translated to TS, it will be appreciated. Or if someone can come with the TS code it will be great. Cheers.

if you can do a hand calculation...

then illustrate your thoughts with

a plot of the results in a chart mock up,

maybe I can help.

Input:
SD3(false),
PlotOldVWAP (false),
NumberofDays (1);

if date > date[1] then
begin
n = n + 1;
if n = NumberofDays then 
begin	
	s = 0;
	n = 0;
	VWAP1 = VWAP;
	SD1 = SD;
	VWAP = 0;
	SumWeights = 0;
	SumWeightsOld = 0;
	VWAPOld = 0;
end;

I use something like this. If it's a new day increment a counter. If the counter is up to n days fire your reset code. You can tack that on to the front of the VWAP code in the indicator section here. Should probably change it to decrement a counter and compare to zero, more efficient like that, not sure what I was thinking that day :D.