Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

chrisleonard

Realtime Dilema!!

Hi

I have writtent his code to plot a dot under the right conditions. This usally works fine but if the conditions change on that same plot then it reverts to its default colour!

How can i get around this happening so that it removes the plot or something if conditions change!

here is the code

if cti= 0 and Value1 > Value1[1] and Value2 > Value2[1] and barColor = barColor[1]

then begin

SetPlotColor( 4, green ) ;

Plot4(low,"testy");

but if it plot a green dot and the price goes the other way on that candle it just removes the colour and keeps a pink dot!!

test.jpg

Thanks

Edited by chrisleonard

hmm maybe some quick syntax help here please as when i add this to another alert with text it causes problems!

if

(cti = 0 and Value1 > Value1[1] and Value2 > Value2[1] and barColor = barColor[1]) or

(cti = 0 and Value1 > Value1[1] and Value2 > Value2[1] and barColorpl = barColorpl[1])

then begin

cti = 1;

Plot4(low,"test",green);

ID = Text_New(D,T,L-range, "S:"); < ------------ how do i get rid of this if the plot is removed???

end

else

noplot(4);

end;

hmm maybe some quick syntax help here please as when i add this to another alert with text it causes problems!

if

(cti = 0 and Value1 > Value1[1] and Value2 > Value2[1] and barColor = barColor[1]) or

(cti = 0 and Value1 > Value1[1] and Value2 > Value2[1] and barColorpl = barColorpl[1])

then begin

cti = 1;

Plot4(low,"test",green);

ID = Text_New(D,T,L-range, "S:"); < ------------ how do i get rid of this if the plot is removed???

end

else

noplot(4);

end;

This should do the trick :

if (cti = 0 and Value1 > Value1[1] and Value2 > Value2[1] and barColor = barColor[1]) or

then begin

cti = 1;

Plot4(low,"test",green);

ID = Text_New(D,T,L-range, "S:");

end else begin

noplot(4);

Value1 = Text_Delete(ID);

end;

Hope this helps

Blu-Ray

Just food for thought .............. if you're ever stuck on coding issues... the best thing to do is write it down in front of you.

Then think.... " How can I get around that? "... or ... " Is there a function / reserved word that would do the trick for me? "

Then open up the Easy Language dictionary within TS and just type a word roughly that will solve you problem.

For example your last query.

How can I get the text to disappear.

Type text into the dictionary and some results will appear, scroll down and see whats available that might match your needs within easy language.

This way you'll build up your own knowledge of what words to use in the future.. keep doing this and you'll soon be flying.

This is how I learned and it's great info to know.

Hope this helps

Blu-Ray

Hi there,

all of you help has been invalueble seriously mate, thank you.

I typed this in

then begin

cti = 1;

Plot4(low,"test",green);

ID = Text_New(D,T,L-range, "S:");

end else begin

noplot(4);

Value1 = Text_Delete(ID);

end;

but this never plots any text now, the rest is fine, any ideas?

If you're wanting text to stay historically on your chart then, here's a way.

{ It will only print text on the closing tick of the bar }

if Barstatus(1) = 2 then

If (cti = 0 and Value1 > Value1[1] and Value2 > Value2[1] and barColor = barColor[1]) or

then ID = Text_New(D,T,L-range, "S:");

Hope this helps

Blu-Ray