Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

dhelmin

Multiple Time Frames

I am trying to write a strategy that will execute an entry when a MACD histogram direction change occurs on three different time frames (using share bars as the interval).

I have attached my strategy to make this happen on one time frame and am hoping someone knows how I can add in two additional share bar intervals in order to qualify the entry.

Alternate question...does anyone know of existing strategies I can look at the are based on multiple time frames?

Thanks!

MACDHISTO LE.ELD

I am trying to write a strategy that will execute an entry when a MACD histogram direction change occurs on three different time frames (using share bars as the interval).

I have attached my strategy to make this happen on one time frame and am hoping someone knows how I can add in two additional share bar intervals in order to qualify the entry.

Alternate question...does anyone know of existing strategies I can look at the are based on multiple time frames?

Thanks!

If you are using Multi time frame you are better off to use a fast oscillator than a trend forllowing indicator Look for FTT in Multi Time Frame

Grey1

As per my other, lengthy post on this topic (in your other thread). Tradestation strategy code won't do this properly.

Real time & backtested results will be different because of a 'quirk' in Tradestation.

You can buy JAM HT code for synthetic bars to help or spend CONSIDERABLE time coding up synthetic bars in your strategy and then the indicators that go on top of them. You risk spending a lot of time working on a strategy whose backtested results are not based on what you think the entries are based on.

good point - many indicators can be put on a lower timeframe and the parameters tweaked to emulate a higher timeframe.

Not all indicators can though - it depends on the type of calculations being used.