Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Dinerotrader

Stock Trading Tower

Does anyone use a good broker for stock trading that has a tower setup for the order managing similar to infinity futures' tower. Reasonable commissions would be a plus but I am mostly interested in a good order system with "drag and move" function for stop loss positioning. Intuitive and simple flow with a solid set of auto order functions.

I keep missing out on additional profits on my stock trades because of my broker's poor ordering system. Let me know if that is an adequate description of what I am looking for. Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Not sure 100% but I recall Cybertrader being a platform that covers equities that would fit your needs. Charles Schwab now owns them so would check up on it.

Didn't Tradestation provide equities as well?

IB and tradestation do provide stock trading. I haven't tried either yet but I thought there might be someone out there that trades stocks and has some great things to say about some particular order system, in which case I would try that one first.

I will look into cybertrader.

Here is a picture of the infinity order tower. It doesn't need to be exactly the same but this is the idea. To adjust the stop level you just drag the cell up or down.

attachment.php?attachmentid=12679&stc=1&d=1249368239

Cheers.

1.JPG.c63c171268dfc82611ecf39806e0d6fd.JPG

Edited by Dinerotrader

The features of Infinity AT is available in most order routing platforms now. The only difference I have seen is that some order management vendors provide different order types or Smart Orders. For example. CQG's price ladder can provide order types not supported by the exchanges as the orders are placed on the CQG servers before going to the exchange. Smart Orders are available such as Icebergs as well. (CQG is only FX and futures)

Tradestation provided similar functionality from what I can recall. Also check out Barclays Stockbrokers.... they have some tools similar to what you might need as well.

2.jpg.82bb1a221964b8514076ce7c6c817d1a.jpg

4.jpg.a2e071ad1a45240440af842662b95058.jpg

3.jpg.8a2e404940f2964df9a440a0f6f89ffe.jpg

Ah, I've always heard that kind of setup referred to as a "DOM" (depth of market) or "ladder". Off the top of my head, Tradestation, Ninja, X Trader, Buttontrader, Sierra (only attached to charts though), and CQG have something similar to that.

Edit: Think or Swim also has a feature like this.

I missed noting one important attribute. I need the broker to be web based. I only need them for order entry and order management. Not for charting or research. I can't download software on my work computer. I have looked into thinkorswim with high hopes but their interface is not good and totally not intuitive IMO. From my understanding IB, Tradestation, etc. are all platforms which need to be downloaded to function which would not work for me.

I guess I am looking for something similar to a TDameritrade or Scottrade except I was interested in the DOM/tower trading set up but maybe that is only available with software based brokers.

Sorry for forgetting the web based issue on my original post.