Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

RussianRoulette

FTSE $tick $add

Hi, can anyone point me in the right direction to get streaming quotes similar to those offered in the NYSE for Adv/Dec and tick. They are easily available for NYSE but I don't seem to be able to find the same thing for other markets.

I don't know of any for FTSE, but the list below should get you started on other markets anyway. Note that I think some of the symbols listed in the link are wrong, for example, it lists the Nasdaq tick index as $tict, when it is actually $tickq. Anyway, it's a start:

Index Symbols

RR, sadly the non U.S. exchanges don't provide the same transparency as the U.S. and I haven't found TRIN, TICK etc for UK or German markets. Having said that, you could construct your own advance decline fairly easily if you use a charting package such as Multicharts that hs the ability to gather and massage the info.

Finally, you may do what some people do - during RTH, use the tick and trin from the U.S. to trade the ESTX50. not perfect but you may want to give it a look.

you can construct your own tick, adv/dec, uvol/dvol using neoticker

for the ftse or any other exchange.

so for ftse 100, you can construct the internals which are based on

the 100 stocks that make up the index. You could also add

the ftse 250 index or sum of stocks for greater accuracy.

It will depend on where the data is coming from. For Interactive Brokers it is TICK-LSE ($TICk is TICK-NYSE). The fact IB don't provide a DAX one (which is only 30 stocks) leads me to suspect that it is in fact an exchange provided metric.